Recruit Firefighter – Richmond – 2019
FireRecruitment.ca is Sponsored By
(Click image to view service.)
Our sponsors help pay for server costs, email services and help keep this a service free. If you find yourself needing this service, please help them help us. Thank you. – Steve
Would you like to become a sponsor? Contact us.
Examples of key work activities include:
- Respond to various calls including Fire/Alarm, Motor Vehicle Incident, Medical and Rescue.
- Responsible for various fire suppression duties.
- Responsible for using a variety of tools and equipment.
- Perform search and rescue of person(s) from dangerous situations/conditions; assess patient(s) and administer first aid as required.
- Provide general fire safety education (i.e. events, hall visits, school drills, etc.).
- Participate in training, drill and practice sessions.
- Routine service and maintenance of Fire Department equipment and property, including regular equipment checks.
- Responsible for driving and operating Fire trucks/vehicles.
- Perform various other related work duties as required.
- Work is closely reviewed by a supervisor.
- Legally entitled to work in Canada.
- Completion of Grade 12 or equivalent.
- A minimum of one year of work experience.
- Work experience in environments such as paramedic, medical, fire services, coast guard, military, search and rescue, etc.
- A minimum of one year (30 credits) of post-secondary education OR 2 years in an apprenticeship program.
- Completion of fire-service related courses such as auto extrication, surface water rescue, swift water rescue, high angle/rope rescue, confined space, hazardous materials, incident command, shipboard firefighting, critical incident stress, wild land firefighting, aircraft rescue firefighting, BC Fire Code, sprinklers, etc.
- Successful completion of an approved firefighting training program to the BC Fire Fighter Standard, Fire Fighter II (Level II or NFPA 1001 Fire Fighter 1 and II).
- Volunteer experience.
- Life Saving Society Certification of Bronze Star or higher, or Swift water Technician Level 1.
- Fluency in multiple languages and an understanding of Richmond’s diverse cultures are considered an asset.
- Demonstrated commitment to a lifestyle of fitness, health and wellness.
- Ability to react quickly and perform duties calmly and efficiently under all conditions, including situations of strain and duress.
- Ability to understand and follow verbal and written instructions.
- Ability to meet and deal effectively with the public.
- Ability to frequently exercise independent action and judgment in circumstances of extreme urgency where referral to superior for directions may not possible.
- Ability and strength to perform prolonged and arduous duties under dangerous working conditions.
- Ability to work at height and within confined spaces.
- Ability to pass a medical examination compliant with standards set out in the National Fire Protection Association 1582 Chapter 6.
- Ability to successfully pass the City of Richmond physical test (Fitness York Test).
- Ability to successfully pass the City of Richmond Swim test (100 meter front crawl or freestyle – continuous forward stroke and 5 minutes treading water).
- Ability to maintain and upgrade skills on a regular basis (such as recertification of first aid and CPR skills).
- Ability to use a personal computer and software applications related to the work performed.
- Considerable mechanical aptitude is required.
- Ability to successfully clear a Police Information Check (PIC).
- A valid BC Class 3 Driver’s Licence (automatic or manual) with airbrakes or equivalent (Note: a valid BC Class 5 Driver’s Licence or equivalent is acceptable at the time of application, however applicants must obtain and present proof of a valid BC Class 3 Driver’s Licence by July 1, 2019).
- A current Driver’s Abstract that demonstrates responsible and safe driving behaviours (5 year driving history).
- First Responder Level 3, Occupational First Aid Level 2 or equivalent is required.
Make This Recruitment Your Last! Here Are The Tools You Need…
Learning Center *NEW*
I have teamed up with the best training providers to bring you great firefighter training & courses. These providers will provide valuable insight, great tools and pad your resume!MORE INFO…
If you don’t think your resume stands out above the crowd, this is the service for you. We will make your resume shine above those of your competitors. Don’t let your dream job slide through your fingers because of a cookie cutter resume.MORE INFO…
Mock Interview Service
If you don’t feel prepared for your interview, we are here to help. Don’t just “wing” an interview, the best thing you can do to improve your chances is to be prepared. We record, critique (twice) and save all mock interviews to ensure you are prepared come interview day.MORE INFO…
TestReadyPro Aptitude Testing Service
I can’t repeat this enough. When it comes to landing your dream job, preparation is KEY! The best thing you can do to prepare is to constantly stay on top of your game and study frequently. Check this great service out and be ready for your next aptitude test.MORE INFO…