Probationary Firefighter – Stratford – 2018
FireRecruitment.ca is Sponsored By
(Click image to view service.)
Our sponsors help pay for server costs, email services and help keep this a service free. If you find yourself needing this service, please help them help us. Thank you. – Steve
Would you like to become a sponsor? Contact us.
Thank you for your interest in working for the City of Stratford. We strive to attract, hire and retain the very best candidates to help us maintain high levels of service for our citizens.
1. Be 18 years of age or older;
2. Be legally entitled to work in Canada;
3. Possess an Ontario High School Graduation Diploma or equivalent;
4. Must have valid OFAI certificates for stages 1, 2 and 3. For more information please visit OFAI.ca
(All costs associated with the OFAI are the responsibility of the applicant.)
5. Be National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) 1001 Fire Fighter I and II certified from an accredited
program from a recognized institution, accredited by the International Fire Services Accreditation
Congress (IFSAC) or Pro Board (must be complete with seals);
6. Possess a valid DZ Driver’s Licence;
7. Must be able to meet screening requirements including but not limited to a Criminal Record
Check/Vulnerable Sector Check;
8. Proof of immunization of Red Measles, Mumps, Rubella (German Measles); Tetanus/Diphtheria (within
the last 10-12 years); and Hepatitis B;
9. Have 20/30 or better unaided and uncorrected visual acuity in each eye, and no significate
abnormalities in colour vision;
10. Possess a valid and current (within 3 years) standard first aid certificate and a valid ‘basic rescuer’
Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) certificate (Level C) or better. Automated External Defibrillator
(AED) certification would be an asset;
11. Possess superior interpersonal skills and the ability to work cooperatively as a member of an effective
and professional team;
12. Have a strong desire to serve the community, a strong work ethic, a strong sense of loyalty and duty,
and the ability and willingness to follow instructions promptly and efficiently.
1. University Degree, College Diploma, and/or Trade Certification recognized by the Ontario College of
Trades in any discipline;
2. Red Cross Emergency Medical Responder;
3. Previous civilian or military experience in fire suppression, construction, trades mechanical, emergency
medical, large vehicle operation, fire prevention;
4. First aid, CPR, and/or AED – certification at the instructor level;
5. Community Service Involvement;
6. Administrative and computer skills.
To apply for this position:
• Please submit your resume and supporting documentation as one pdf file only. For ease of review, please
list qualifications in the following order;
o Formal Education
o OFAI certificates (stage 1, 2 and 3)
o Work Experience
o Professional Qualifications (Licences, certifications, etc.)
o Community Involvement
• Please submit your application electronically, quoting job posting #60-2018 in the subject line by Monday
November 19, 2018 at 4:30pm to [email protected]
• Please submit one complete application only.
• While we appreciate all applications received, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Accommodations are available for people with disabilities for all aspects of the recruitment process.
Applicants should make their needs known in advance.
Make This Recruitment Your Last! Here Are The Tools You Need…
Learning Center *NEW*
I have teamed up with the best training providers to bring you great firefighter training & courses. These providers will provide valuable insight, great tools and pad your resume!MORE INFO…
If you don’t think your resume stands out above the crowd, this is the service for you. We will make your resume shine above those of your competitors. Don’t let your dream job slide through your fingers because of a cookie cutter resume.MORE INFO…
Mock Interview Service
If you don’t feel prepared for your interview, we are here to help. Don’t just “wing” an interview, the best thing you can do to improve your chances is to be prepared. We record, critique (twice) and save all mock interviews to ensure you are prepared come interview day.MORE INFO…
Firefighter Aptitude Test Preparation
I can’t repeat this enough. When it comes to landing your dream job, preparation is KEY! The best thing you can do to prepare is to constantly stay on top of your game and study frequently. Check this great service out and be ready for your next aptitude test.MORE INFO…