Probationary Firefighter – Owen Sound- 2018
FireRecruitment.ca is Sponsored By
(Click image to view service.)
Our sponsors help pay for server costs, email services and help keep this a service free. If you find yourself needing this service, please help them help us. Thank you. – Steve
Would you like to become a sponsor? Contact us.
The Owen Sound Fire and Emergency Services Department is currently recruiting candidates for a full-time Firefighter Candidate Pool. Successful applicants from the candidate pool will join a team of professionals responsible for combating and extinguishing fires, prevention of fires, protection of person and properties, emergency medical response, and carrying out water/ice rescue operations.
To be eligible for consideration you must:
- Have reached 18 years of age and be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Be able to understand and communicate clearly (orally and written) in English.
- Have uncorrected 20/30 vision in each eye, satisfactory peripheral and colour vision, and hearing (without artificial aids) that meet the standards for safe firefighting
- Have received a secondary school graduation certificate or equivalent
- Proof of certification or grandfathering of NFPA 1001 Level 1 & 2
- Hold and maintain a valid, unrestricted Ontario Driver’s Licence Class “D” with a “Z” endorsement (or out of province) or equivalent and a clean drivers abstract.
- Hold a valid Standard First Aid and CPR “C” Level (Basic Rescuer) certificates.
- Be able to handle intense and sustained physical effort necessary to safely perform firefighting duties
- Have no criminal record for which a pardon has not been granted.
- Be able to respond to fire calls within a reasonable amount of time.
- Must successfully complete and be in possession of valid Candidate Testing Services Certificates from Ontario Fire Administration, all three(3) stages, prior to job offer.
Application Submission Requirements:
- 1. Cover Letter and Resume in the format listed below
- 2. Valid copies of certificates and licenses
- 3. Copies of CTS certificates, if currently certified.
1. Resume Format Candidates are asked to submit a resume in the format outlined below:
A. A cover letter with your Name, Address, Phone Number, Email Address and explanation of why you would like to work for the Owen Sound Fire & Emergency Services.
B. A resume with your Name, Address, Phone Number, Email Address and the following headings and corresponding information in list form below each heading: Education, Firefighting Experience, Employment Experience, Certificates & Licences (listing all required certificates and licences outlined above with expiration dates if applicable, including driver’s license and all other related certificates). Additional information that does not fit into the above noted categories that may be relevant to the position can be added.
C. Fonts on cover letter and resume shall be 12pt.
Make This Recruitment Your Last! Here Are The Tools You Need…
Learning Center *NEW*
I have teamed up with the best training providers to bring you great firefighter training & courses. These providers will provide valuable insight, great tools and pad your resume!MORE INFO…
If you don’t think your resume stands out above the crowd, this is the service for you. We will make your resume shine above those of your competitors. Don’t let your dream job slide through your fingers because of a cookie cutter resume.MORE INFO…
Mock Interview Service
If you don’t feel prepared for your interview, we are here to help. Don’t just “wing” an interview, the best thing you can do to improve your chances is to be prepared. We record, critique (twice) and save all mock interviews to ensure you are prepared come interview day.MORE INFO…
TestReadyPro Aptitude Testing Service
I can’t repeat this enough. When it comes to landing your dream job, preparation is KEY! The best thing you can do to prepare is to constantly stay on top of your game and study frequently. Check this great service out and be ready for your next aptitude test.MORE INFO…