Firefighter – Windsor – 2022
Generally, City of Windsor Firefighter recruitment takes place on a two-year cycle. While hiring can take place at any point, applications during the two-year interval are only considered from those submitted during the most recent designated recruitment period.
The information contained on this website is meant to assist candidates interested in applying for the City of Windsor Firefighter recruitment. It is subject to change pending various factors involved in the recruitment process, budget, etc.
- The Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) have recently been updated to reflect the upcoming Firefighter Recruitment Process. Information previously contained on this website regarding Firefighter recruitment may not have been applicable to the current recruitment process and should be disregarded.
- At the time of application, must be 18 years of age or older
- At the time of application, must have proof of an Ontario Secondary School Graduation Diploma or Ontario Ministry of Education equivalency and any other education documents deemed necessary by the Corporation at time of hire
- At the time of application, applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada (i.e., Certificate of Canadian Citizenship, legal permanent residence, birth certificate or landed immigration documentation)
- At the time of hire, must have proof of a valid and lawful Class "D" Ontario Driver's License with "Z" endorsement, in accordance with the Highway Traffic Act, for the purposes of operating a City of Windsor vehicle and provide a driver's abstract as a condition of employment
- Successful completion of an Aptitude Test, Assessment Test, Physical Test, and interview(s)
- Satisfactory police clearance at the applicant's expense at time of hire
- Satisfactory driver's abstract at the applicant's expense at time of hire
- Satisfactory references from current and/or previous employers at time of hire
- Satisfactory medical assessment as outlined by the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) Standards 1582 for Firefighters at the Corporation's expense; and any other testing and/or examination, which may be required by the medical practitioner and/or determined by the City of Windsor at time of hire
- Compliance with the Family Relationship Procedure and the Employment Policy
- Satisfactory completion of a 12-month probationary period of employment
- Observance of the rules, regulations, instructions, benefits and any conditions governing employment with the Corporation as may be in effect at the time of recruitment and/or employment, or established by the Corporation of the City of Windsor at any subsequent time
All applications will be reviewed to ensure that the minimum eligibility requirements are met in order to move forward in the process. Those applicants who meet the initial requirements at the time of application will be contacted by the City of Windsor informing them of the next step(s) they will have to undertake in the process in order to continue in the competition.