Firefighter – Niagara Falls – 2021
The City of Niagara Falls is now accepting applications for Career Fire Fighters. Candidates are welcome to visit our website (www.niagarafalls.ca) to view the Firefighters Recruitment Guide outlining the mandatory qualifications and recruitment process.
• Be legally entitled to work in Canada
• A High School Diploma or equivalent
• Valid Class “D” Ontario Driver’s Licence with “Z” Endorsement or equivalent
• Original Driver's Abstract required (Issued after September 1, 2019 will be accepted)
• Original Criminal Record Check required (Issued after September 1, 2019 will be accepted)
• Current Standard First Aid and CPR (HCP - Health Care Professional) Certificates
• Successfully complete, in one day, the Aptitude Test (CPS), Clinical Assessment, Candidate Physical
Ability Test (CPAT), Acrophobia Test and Fifteen (15) minute Tread Water Test as provided by Firefighter Services of Ontario.
• Be willing to meet all employment conditions as required by the City of Niagara Falls
• Post-Secondary Fire Services and Medical education.
• Sound knowledge, gained through either formal training and/or practical experience, of firefighting principles, practices and equipment.
• Sound knowledge of the principles, techniques and practices of, and materials used in, building construction.
• Familiarity with equipment and apparatus related to firefighting such as hydraulic equipment, pumps, self-contained breathing apparatus, communications equipment etc.
• Strong leadership and administrative skills, superior interpersonal skills, and the ability to work cooperatively as a member of an effective and professional team.
The City of Niagara Falls is an equal opportunity employer committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environments.
Upon request, the City will accommodate the accessibility needs of applicants under the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) throughout all stages of the recruitment, selection and interview process.
Personal information is collected under the authority of The Municipal Act and will only be used to determine suitability for this position. We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those advancing through the selection process will be contacted.