Firefighter – Chestermere – 2018
FireRecruitment.ca is Sponsored By
(Click image to view service.)
Our sponsors help pay for server costs, email services and help keep this a service free. If you find yourself needing this service, please help them help us. Thank you. – Steve
Would you like to become a sponsor? Contact us.
As a member of the Fire team, this position provides emergency fire and prevention and rescue expertise, providing excellent service to members of the community.
This includes, but is not limited to:
- Emergency response
- Community outreach
- Equipment operations and maintenance
- Administrative duties as assigned
- Act as Senior Firefighter when required
This position provides firefighting expertise in the attainment of annual goals and initiatives within the broader framework of the City/Department’s annual and 4 year Strategic and Business Plans and associated legislation and regulations.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide firefighting expertise in:
- Emergency response, e.g., respond to and assist in the mitigating of all types of incident scenes and emergencies; administer first aid; prepare log books; maintain all log books and other records
- Inspections, e.g., conduct fire inspections and investigations
- Community outreach, e.g., participate in community safety and accident prevention projects
- Equipment operation and maintenance, e.g., operate, maintain and perform minor repairs to firefighting equipment, including aquatic response boat and sea-doo; control and extinguish fires using manual and power equipment (axes, water hoses, aerial ladders, hydraulic equipment, firefighting chemicals); operate pumper and ladder trucks, rescue vehicles, aerial, water tenders, communications equipment, SCBA, alarm monitoring systems; custodial and light maintenance services at fire stations and surrounding
- As required, participate in the assessment of the current and future needs of the Fire team, gathering input and
- Represent the Fire team internally and externally, g., participate in investigations; respond to, and assist in emergencies locally or regionally.
- As required, participate in networking with stakeholders, e.g., communicate with other communities to develop mutual aid
- As required, participate in the enhancement and implementation of City and Department Policies and Procedures within legislative, regulatory requirements and best
- Provide assistance to the Captain on sensitive
- Participate as a member of the Chestermere Emergency Response team in preparing and enabling the community to respond in the event of a local disaster or regional disaster.
- Grade 12 or GED supplemented by recognized technical training
- Criminal Record Check, Child Intervention Check and Vulnerable Sector Check to the satisfaction of the City.
- The following courses and certificates are required:
- NFPA 1001 Level II Certification (Have a look at our learning center for training in your area.)
- HazMat Awareness & Operations (Have a look at our learning center for training in your area.)
- NFPA 1002 – Pump A
- Standard First Aid CPR C and AED certifications (Have a look at our learning center for training in your area.)
- Unrestricted Alberta Class 2Q (Commercial Driver’s License with Air Brake Endorsement - Graduated Driver’s License is not accepted), and five (5) year driver’s abstract with minimal infractions within 30 days
- Pleasure Craft Licence
- Successful hires will be asked to complete a satisfactory job related medical examination and VO2 Max as a condition of employment
- NFPA 1002 – Aerial Apparatus
- Basic Fire Safety Codes Officer (BFSCO)
- NFPA 1041 Level 1 – Fire Service Instructor
- ICS 100
- Emergency Medical Responder (EMR). Additional education / certification considered an asset (Have a look at our learning center for training in your area.)
Make This Recruitment Your Last! Here Are The Tools You Need…
Learning Center *NEW*
I have teamed up with the best training providers to bring you great firefighter training & courses. These providers will provide valuable insight, great tools and pad your resume!MORE INFO…
If you don’t think your resume stands out above the crowd, this is the service for you. We will make your resume shine above those of your competitors. Don’t let your dream job slide through your fingers because of a cookie cutter resume.MORE INFO…
Mock Interview Service
If you don’t feel prepared for your interview, we are here to help. Don’t just “wing” an interview, the best thing you can do to improve your chances is to be prepared. We record, critique (twice) and save all mock interviews to ensure you are prepared come interview day.MORE INFO…
TestReadyPro Aptitude Testing Service
I can’t repeat this enough. When it comes to landing your dream job, preparation is KEY! The best thing you can do to prepare is to constantly stay on top of your game and study frequently. Check this great service out and be ready for your next aptitude test.MORE INFO…