Career Firefighter – Niagara Falls – 2020
FireRecruitment.ca is Sponsored By
(Click image to view service.)
Our sponsors help pay for server costs, email services and help keep this a service free. If you find yourself needing this service, please help them help us. Thank you. – Steve
Would you like to become a sponsor? Contact us.
This is a skilled position entailing firefighting, rescue and other related emergency services. A fire fighter participates in programs for the prevention of fires and the saving of life and property. A firefighter is responsible for rapidly, efficiently and safely performing various duties under emergency conditions frequently involving considerable hazard. The work includes routine duties in the maintenance of fire fighting vehicles, equipment and fire department facilities. While specific orders and directions are received from an officer in the normal course of maintenance duties and firefighting, considerable independence of judgment and action is allowed in circumstances of extreme urgency where referral to a superior for instructions is not possible. A Fire Fighter is required to have a thorough working knowledge of all emergency equipment including emergency apparatus.
Mandatory qualifications are as follows:
- Be legally entitled to work in Canada
- A High School Diploma or equivalent
- Valid Class “D” Ontario Driver’s Licence with “Z” Endorsement or equivalent
- Original Driver's Abstract required (Issued after September 1, 2019 will be accepted)
- Original Criminal Record Check required (Issued after September 1, 2019 will be accepted)
- Current Standard First Aid and CPR (HCP - Health Care Professional) Certificates
- Successfully complete, in one day, the Aptitude Test (CPS), Clinical Assessment, Candidate Physical Ability Test (CPAT), Acrophobia Test and Fifteen (15) minute Tread Water Test as provided by Firefighter Services of Ontario.
- Be willing to meet all employment conditions as required by the City of Niagara Falls
Preferred qualifications are as follows:
- Post-Secondary Fire Services and Medical education.
- Sound knowledge, gained through either formal training and/or practical experience, of firefighting principles, practices and equipment.
- Sound knowledge of the principles, techniques and practices of, and materials used in, building construction.
- Familiarity with equipment and apparatus related to firefighting such as hydraulic equipment, pumps, self-contained breathing apparatus, communications equipment etc.
- Strong leadership and administrative skills, superior interpersonal skills, and the ability to work cooperatively as a member of an effective and professional team.
Make This Recruitment Your Last! Here Are The Tools You Need…
Learning Center *NEW*
I have teamed up with the best training providers to bring you great firefighter training & courses. These providers will provide valuable insight, great tools and pad your resume!MORE INFO…
If you don’t think your resume stands out above the crowd, this is the service for you. We will make your resume shine above those of your competitors. Don’t let your dream job slide through your fingers because of a cookie cutter resume.MORE INFO…
Mock Interview Service
If you don’t feel prepared for your interview, we are here to help. Don’t just “wing” an interview, the best thing you can do to improve your chances is to be prepared. We record, critique (twice) and save all mock interviews to ensure you are prepared come interview day.MORE INFO…
Firefighter Aptitude Test Preparation
I can’t repeat this enough. When it comes to landing your dream job, preparation is KEY! The best thing you can do to prepare is to constantly stay on top of your game and study frequently. Check this great service out and be ready for your next aptitude test.MORE INFO…