Career Firefighter – Abbotsford – 2022
At the City of Abbotsford our people are our greatest asset. We offer a wide range of diverse, stimulating and rewarding career opportunities that support and recognize high levels of performance. In Abbotsford, we work strongly to create a challenging and rewarding environment for our employees to thrive. We invite you to become part of a place that has strong corporate and organizational values, rewarding career paths, challenging opportunities and an engaging and dynamic team to work with.
- Grade 12 Diploma or equivalent.
- NFPA 1001 Level 2 with Hazmat Operations
- Current First Responder Level 3 license or greater inclusive of Spinal Endorsement and AED. (EMR or PCP Licensing)
- Valid Class 3 B.C. Driver’s Licence with Airbrake endorsement.
- A Commitment to volunteerism, community involvement, personal and professional development.
- Superior interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent public relations, team building and organization skills.
AFRS Career Firefighter Hiring Process (2022-2023)
The recruitment process for the Abbotsford Fire Rescue Service has been broken down into eight (8) different stages.
- Stage 1 - Application and Pre-Screening- (Oct 20 – Nov 14)
- Stage 2 - Written Exam (Dec 11)
- Stage 3 - Occupational Skills Assessment Day -1 (Jan. 7 & 8)
- Run, Swim, Skill Stations.
- Stage 4 – Occupational Skills Assessment Day-2 (Jan. 14 & 15)
- Interview, presentation, Skill Stations
- Stage 5 - Reference Checks, Police Information Check & Vulnerable Sector Search
- Stage 6 - Fire Chief Interview (Feb 11 & 12)
- Stage 7 - Conditional Offer (Feb 17)
- Stage 8 - Pre-Employment Medical Evaluation, CPAT (CPAT- Feb. 22-24, Medical - Feb. 28 – Mar 10)
All dates are tentative and may be slightly adjusted throughout the process.
Estimated Start Date is Spring 2023.