4th Class Firefighter – Okotoks – 2023
Okotoks Fire & Rescue is seeking eligible candidates to become full-time Firefighters with our organization. Your key responsibilities are having an in-depth knowledge of Fire Services and their responsibilities, including engaging in activities of fire prevention and suppression, rescue work, medical care, delivery of various public safety programs, operation and maintenance of specialized firefighting equipment and fire safety code inspections. You will learn to deal with emergency situations, demonstrate ability to adapt and learn, and have a strong commitment to customer service. Okotoks Fire & Rescue is committed to supporting and working in a collaborative fire and emergency medical service environment.
• Excellence in Communication
• Fast and Sound Decision-Making Skills
• Physical Stamina and Strength
• Passion for Community and the Fire Service
• High school diploma
• NFPA 1001 Firefighter Level 1 and 2 (IFSAC and/or Proboard)
• NFPA 1002 with pump operator. (IFSAC and/or Proboard)
• NFPA 472 Hazardous Materials Awareness (IFSAC and/or Proboard)
• ICS 100 (200 Preferred) (IFSAC and/or Proboard)
• Primary Care Paramedic (formerly EMT-A) be ACP registered and in good standing
• Valid Class 3 and 4 Alberta Driver’s License with air brakes endorsement, with no more than six demerit points asset in order to commence firefighting training duties
• Additional Specialty training i.e. pump or ladder operation, tech rescue etc…
• Higher education (diploma/degree) is a definite asset. Safety Codes Officer
Our response model requires that our firefighters are available for off-duty page outs therefore, you will be required to live within 15 minutes of Fire Hall #1.
The Selection Process:
Our recruitment process will include the following components: 1- Okotoks Physical Abilities Test
2- Job Skills Test
3- Interview and presentation 4- Written Aptitude Test
5- Medical Assessment
What We Offer:
• Competitive Salary
• Comprehensive benefit and pension plans
• Career development
• So much more!
Candidates who progress to final stages of the recruitment process will be required to provide proof of education and designation along with a favorable personal vulnerable sector record check and a driver’s abstract depending on the position. Candidates wil also be requried to pass a medical examination conducted by a medical practitioner selected by the Town of Okotoks.
How to Apply:
Applications are invited to submit a resume online through our career section. Postings close as per below and we will not be able to accept late applications.
Interested applicants are invited to submit a resume and cover letter via our careers page on the Town of Okotoks website prior to the deadline date below and pay a non-refundable $150 registration fee.
The Town of Okotoks is an inclusive workplace and welcomes applications from all qualified applicants. We thank all applicants for their interest however, only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.