Probationary Firefighter – Vaughan – 2018
FireRecruitment.ca is Sponsored By
(Click image to view service.)
Our sponsors help pay for server costs, email services and help keep this a service free. If you find yourself needing this service, please help them help us. Thank you. – Steve
Would you like to become a sponsor? Contact us.
Vaughan is a city on the move. With a downtown core rising from the ground, a state-of-the-art hospital under construction and a bustling subway, these exciting projects are transforming the community. Be part of something amazing and build your career at the City of Vaughan.
As one of the fastest growing municipalities in Canada, we are committed to providing a thriving work environment, excellent benefits, learning and growth opportunities and a place where collaboration and teamwork is fostered. Excellence demands brilliant personalities, visionary thinking and a passion for public service. Vaughan is your place to grow.
Duties and Responsibilities
The job offers challenging work, continuous learning and opportunities for advancement in a professional work environment. Upon successful completion of training, you will work under the supervision of Senior Officers to combat fires, perform rescue work, administer first-aid, conduct public education programs, and inspect buildings for fire hazards. You will operate as well as maintain firefighting apparatus and equipment, including fire stations.
• Possess a valid Ontario Fire Administration Inc. (OFAI) Candidate Testing Service certificate, including Stage One, Stage Two and Stage Three. Certificate must be valid at time of application and job offer. Please visit www.ofai.ca for more information.
• You must be legally entitled to work in Canada
• Able to understand, and communicate clearly in oral and written English
• Completion of a minimum of Grade 12 (or equivalent as approved by the Ministry of Education)
• NFPA 1001 Level 1 & 2
• NFPA 472 or NFPA 1072 (Awareness and Operations)
• Be available to work on a 24 hour shift schedule that involves working any day of the week, including weekends and holidays, to fulfill shift requirements
• Possess and maintain a valid unrestricted Ontario DZ driver’s licence with air brake endorsement and a satisfactory driving record
• Current clear Criminal Record Search, Vulnerable Sector Screening from an accredited Police Service
• Standard First aid certificate, level ‘C’ CPR
• Pre-fire service college diploma
• Trade apprenticeship or certification recognized by an accredited College of Trade in any discipline
• Medical training or experience (i.e. paramedic, nursing etc.)
• Other relevant specialized training, qualifications or experience
• Demonstrated consistent community service and/or volunteer involvement
OFAI does not submit candidate certificates or applications to the City of Vaughan. Each candidate is responsible for and required to submit their application directly to the City of Vaughan.
Please ensure that you have all the minimum requirements prior to submitting your application on-line, and that all of your certification cards/certificates are available when applying. You will be required to download a cover letter, resume, and copies of all cards/certificates as one document when you apply. Selected candidates will be required to provide proof of/original certifications, training, etc.
Selected candidates from the short list will be given job offers, conditional on available vacancy.
Resumes will be kept on file for 6 months and then deleted from our system. You must reapply after 6 months.
Please note that only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
The City of Vaughan is committed to diversity and inclusivity in employment and welcomes applications from qualified individuals of diverse backgrounds. The City of Vaughan is also committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
Make This Recruitment Your Last! Here Are The Tools You Need…
Learning Center *NEW*
I have teamed up with the best training providers to bring you great firefighter training & courses. These providers will provide valuable insight, great tools and pad your resume!MORE INFO…
If you don’t think your resume stands out above the crowd, this is the service for you. We will make your resume shine above those of your competitors. Don’t let your dream job slide through your fingers because of a cookie cutter resume.MORE INFO…
Mock Interview Service
If you don’t feel prepared for your interview, we are here to help. Don’t just “wing” an interview, the best thing you can do to improve your chances is to be prepared. We record, critique (twice) and save all mock interviews to ensure you are prepared come interview day.MORE INFO…
Firefighter Aptitude Test Preparation
I can’t repeat this enough. When it comes to landing your dream job, preparation is KEY! The best thing you can do to prepare is to constantly stay on top of your game and study frequently. Check this great service out and be ready for your next aptitude test.MORE INFO…