Probationary Firefighter – Oak Bay & Esquimalt – 2019
FireRecruitment.ca is Sponsored By
(Click image to view service.)
Our sponsors help pay for server costs, email services and help keep this a service free. If you find yourself needing this service, please help them help us. Thank you. – Steve
Would you like to become a sponsor? Contact us.
The District of Oak Bay and the Township of Esquimalt are currently jointly recruiting for firefighters. Successful applicants will be placed on an eligibility list for a two year period to fill future vacancies in both municipalities.
We are looking for suitably qualified, dynamic women and men to join our teams. Our ideal candidates will be community-minded, physically fit, positive, energetic, active, good team players, enjoy working with the public and are looking for a fulfilling career.
- Legally entitled to work in Canada;
- Be at least 19 years of age;
- Grade 12 Certificate or GED equivalency;
- Class 3 driver’s license and air brake endorsement;
- Safe driving behaviour as demonstrated in an applicant’s current driver’s abstract;
- First Responder or Occupational First Aid Level 3;
- No criminal convictions related to the job of Firefighter;
- Computer literacy;
- Ability to work in a team environment;
- Volunteer and community service experience;
- Physically fit for the position of Firefighter and medically fit according to the standards set in NFPA 1582;
- Completion of the Firefighter Applicant Fitness Evaluation by the University of Victoria, to be completed within a maximum of 12 months from date of application. NOTE: in order to ensure consistency, we will only be accepting fitness evaluations completed through the University of Victoria; and,
- Completion of an accredited (IFSAC or ProBoard) NFPA 1001 Firefighter 1 & 2 program.
If you are interested in this opportunity to become a firefighter, please refer to one of our websites and complete the application form, including a resume and cover letter, and attach copies of all required documents.
As outlined in the information package, each submission must include:
- Application form;
- Resume and cover letter;
- Grade 12 certificate or GED equivalency;
- Copy of eye examination (dated within 12 months of the date of application);
- Copy of hearing examination/audiogram (dated within 12 months of the date of application);
- Copy of WorkSafeBC Occupational First Aid, Level 3 Certificate or First Responder Level III Certification or equivalent;
- Driver’s Abstract (dated within 30 days of date of application);
- Copy of NFPA 1001 level 1 & 2 (IFSAC or Pro Board);
- Copies of all fire service courses and certificates; and,
- Copy of the Firefighter Applicant Fitness Evaluation by the University of Victoria (UVIC), dated within twelve months of date of application. Note that only evaluations completed by UVIC will be accepted.
Make This Recruitment Your Last! Here Are The Tools You Need…
Learning Center *NEW*
I have teamed up with the best training providers to bring you great firefighter training & courses. These providers will provide valuable insight, great tools and pad your resume!MORE INFO…
If you don’t think your resume stands out above the crowd, this is the service for you. We will make your resume shine above those of your competitors. Don’t let your dream job slide through your fingers because of a cookie cutter resume.MORE INFO…
Mock Interview Service
If you don’t feel prepared for your interview, we are here to help. Don’t just “wing” an interview, the best thing you can do to improve your chances is to be prepared. We record, critique (twice) and save all mock interviews to ensure you are prepared come interview day.MORE INFO…
Firefighter Aptitude Test Preparation
I can’t repeat this enough. When it comes to landing your dream job, preparation is KEY! The best thing you can do to prepare is to constantly stay on top of your game and study frequently. Check this great service out and be ready for your next aptitude test.MORE INFO…