Probationary Firefighter – London – 2021
Firefighter Recruitment Services of Canada (FireHire) is pleased to partner with the City of London for their 2021 Probationary Firefighter recruitment. The application portal will be open, on this site, on July 16th, 2021 and closing on August 16th, 2021, at 6:00pm EST. Here are a few requirements you will need to assemble before applying when the site opens for applications.
- Proof of Grade 12 Diploma in the Province of Ontario, GED or equivalent. (Transcript with grades or diploma accepted as proof)
- Current IFSAC and/or ProBoard Endorsed:
- NFPA 1001 Firefighter Level I
- NFPA 1001 Firefighter Level II
- NFPA 1072 (or 472), Hazmat Awareness
- NFPA 1072 (or 472), Hazmat Operations
- Other specialty rescue certifications endorsed by IFSAC or ProBoard will be considered an asset
- Special consideration will be given to Technician Level Certifications for the above.
- DZ Driver's License, valid and unrestricted Ontario class D driver's license with Z endorsement.
- Driver’s Abstract 3 year Uncertified Drivers Abstract dated February 16th, 2021 forward.
- Current First Aid, CPR & AED certification. Emergency Care for Professional Responders (previously known as EMR) will be considered an asset.
- CRC with VSS: Criminal Record Check (CRC) with Vulnerable Sector Screen (VSS).
- The City of London will accept your CRC with VSS dated from August 16, 2020 forward. If yours is older, you will need to provide a new one 2021.
- Please call your local Police Station to see if you require a sign off request form in order to apply for your CRC with VSS for employment opportunities. If you require a letter kindly contact [email protected] or call us at 1.877.757. FIRE (3473) and we would be pleased to provide you with one.
- All costs to obtain a CRC with VSS will be borne by the applicant.
- Exam (Prepare for your exam here)
Tentative exam dates are scheduled for: Saturday, August 21st & Sunday, August 22nd, 2021
in London, Ontario. Location TBA. Candidates should be available and prepared to write the exam on either day.All candidates who register at www.firehire.ca, pay the administration fee of $180.00 + HST will have an opportunity to write London's pre-qualifying exam. Administration fees help offset the costs of recruitments so the City can retain their funds for both fire & emergency services and equipment. There are no refunds.
Please direct any questions regarding this recruitment to 1.877.757. FIRE (3473) or email us at: [email protected] and one of our candidate service representatives would be pleased to assist you
The application portal will be open on July 16th, 2021 and the deadline to apply with all of your documents isAugust 16th, 2021 with the portal closing at 6:00 pm.