Probationary Firefighter – London – 2020
Proud of its roots dating back to 1873, the London Fire Department today is a multi-faceted fire service focused on adapting to an ever-changing and dynamic community through continuous improvement and innovation. The strength of our Department comes from Our Team of over 400 individuals dedicated to serving and protecting the City’s 383,000 residents, as well as tens of thousands of students attending Western University and Fanshawe College. Together, we work “together to strengthen Londoner’s quality of life… community-wide… neighbourhood by neighbourhood”.
Applicants must be able to show successful completion of the below:
Proof of Grade 12 Diploma in the Province of Ontario, GED or equivalent. (Transcript with grades or diploma accepted as proof)
- NFPA 1001, Firefighter Level I
- NFPA 1001, Firefighter Level II
- NFPA 1072 (or 472), Hazmat Awareness
- NFPA 1072 (or 472), Hazmat Operations
- Other specialty rescue certifications endorsed by IFSAC or ProBoard will be considered an asset.
Special consideration will be given to Technician Level Certifications for the above.
- Valid unrestricted Ontario class D driver's license with a Z endorsement prior to application closing date on October 24th, 2019.
- Driver's Licence and/or road tests completed after the application deadline will not be accepted.
- Out of Province equivalent licenses will be accepted at the time of the application, however these must be converted to a valid Ontario DZ license within 90 days of hire.
- Must provide proof of a 3-year uncertified driver's abstract with application.
- Current First Aid, CPR & AED Certification is required.
- 'Emergency Care for Professional Responders' (previously known as EMR certification) will be considered an asset.
- Please upload a copy of your original Driver's Abstract (a copy of a copy will not be accepted). If you already possess a 3 Year Uncertified Drivers Abstract, it must be dated from April 24th, 2019 forward. You can order the drivers abstract online via Service Ontario Website for $12.00. Any Driver's Abstracts dated after October 24th, 2019 will not be accepted.
- Criminal Record Check (CRC) with a Vulnerable Sector Screen (VSS)
Please visit website below for full details.