Probationary Firefighter – Burnaby – 2018
FireRecruitment.ca is Sponsored By
(Click image to view service.)
Our sponsors help pay for server costs, email services and help keep this a service free. If you find yourself needing this service, please help them help us. Thank you. – Steve
Would you like to become a sponsor? Contact us.
The goal of the City of Burnaby and its employees is to consistently deliver first class service and services to our community. With this in mind, we hire people who share the same passion, those with the drive and determination to grow with and contribute to our already exceptional team. People like you!
The Burnaby Fire Department is committed to providing the highest level of fire-related emergency services to protect the life and property of the citizens of Burnaby. In addition to attending emergency calls and extinguishing fires, Burnaby Firefighters are actively involved in public education and fire prevention in order to raise awareness about fire safety. We are now accepting applications from interested applicants wanting to join our team of dedicated professionals who are involved in making a positive difference in the lives of the people we serve.
Interested applicants must ensure they meet the following required qualifications:
- Canadian Citizenship or Landed Immigrant status
- Minimum High School graduation or equivalent
- Valid BC Class 3 Driver’s License (for automatic vehicles) without restrictions, with airbrake endorsement
- No more than 6 points on your driving record at the time of your application
- No convictions of a relevant criminal offense for which a pardon has not be granted
- Current/valid EMA, EMR – First Responder License (formerly FR3) or higher
- Minimum 2 years of work experience
- Pleasure Craft Operator Card (PCOC) is considered an asset.
- Interviews: June 25 to July 6, 2018
- 2-day Orientation: Group 1: September 8 & 15, 2018 Group 2: September 9 & 16, 2018
- Physical Abilities Test: Walk-through September 29, 2018 Test: September 30, 2018
- Ride-along: October 9 to November 4, 2018
- Fire Chief interviews: November 19 to 21, 2018
- Recruit class start date: January 14, 2019
Please ensure your resume is updated before applying.
Make This Recruitment Your Last! Here Are The Tools You Need…
Learning Center *NEW*
I have teamed up with the best training providers to bring you great firefighter training & courses. These providers will provide valuable insight, great tools and pad your resume!MORE INFO…
If you don’t think your resume stands out above the crowd, this is the service for you. We will make your resume shine above those of your competitors. Don’t let your dream job slide through your fingers because of a cookie cutter resume.MORE INFO…
Mock Interview Service
If you don’t feel prepared for your interview, we are here to help. Don’t just “wing” an interview, the best thing you can do to improve your chances is to be prepared. We record, critique (twice) and save all mock interviews to ensure you are prepared come interview day.MORE INFO…
TestReadyPro Aptitude Testing Service
I can’t repeat this enough. When it comes to landing your dream job, preparation is KEY! The best thing you can do to prepare is to constantly stay on top of your game and study frequently. Check this great service out and be ready for your next aptitude test.MORE INFO…