Probationary Firefighter – Ajax – 2019
FireRecruitment.ca is Sponsored By
(Click image to view service.)
Our sponsors help pay for server costs, email services and help keep this a service free. If you find yourself needing this service, please help them help us. Thank you. – Steve
Would you like to become a sponsor? Contact us.
Experience it – Ajax!
The Town of Ajax, situated on the northern shore of Lake Ontario, is an innovative municipal sector leader that provides a variety of services to one of the fastest growing communities in Ontario. With over 120,000 residents, Ajax's rich heritage and culturally diverse community make it a great place to work and live.
Great People, Great Culture!
While embracing change, the employees of the Town of Ajax will meet the challenges of the future and be seen as innovative public sector leaders. As a team of valued employees, taking pride and ownership in all that we do, we will exceed expectations and strive to be known as the Town that thinks like a business and acts with a strong sense of community.
- Successful completion of NFPA1001 Standard for Firefighter Professional Qualifications Levels 1 and 2 (IFSAC and Pro Board certified)
- Valid, current and successful completion of York University Fitness Assessment or Ontario Fire Administration Inc. Candidate Testing Service - Stage 3 Part 2 (issued as of July 1, 2018)
- Up-to-date certification in both Standard First Aid/CPR, Level HCP (issued as of January 1, 2017)
- Current and unrestricted Ontario driver’s license – minimum Class DZ – (you will be required to provide proof of your valid DZ licence and clear driver’s abstract upon an offer of employment being made to you by the Town)
- Ability to speak, read and write English fluently and communicate clearly and precisely under demanding conditions
- Ability to handle periods of intense and sustained physical, mental and emotional stress
- Ability to work well as part of a team and have strong interpersonal and customer service skills
- Shall be required to work 24 hour shifts, weekends and holidays
- Legal entitlement to work in Canada
Make This Recruitment Your Last! Here Are The Tools You Need…
Learning Center *NEW*
I have teamed up with the best training providers to bring you great firefighter training & courses. These providers will provide valuable insight, great tools and pad your resume!MORE INFO…
If you don’t think your resume stands out above the crowd, this is the service for you. We will make your resume shine above those of your competitors. Don’t let your dream job slide through your fingers because of a cookie cutter resume.MORE INFO…
Mock Interview Service
If you don’t feel prepared for your interview, we are here to help. Don’t just “wing” an interview, the best thing you can do to improve your chances is to be prepared. We record, critique (twice) and save all mock interviews to ensure you are prepared come interview day.MORE INFO…
TestReadyPro Aptitude Testing Service
I can’t repeat this enough. When it comes to landing your dream job, preparation is KEY! The best thing you can do to prepare is to constantly stay on top of your game and study frequently. Check this great service out and be ready for your next aptitude test.MORE INFO…