Firemedic – Red Deer – 2023
Working in a team environment, the FireMedic is a progressively responsible position for a registered professional emergency responder functioning in multidisciplinary roles that include fire suppression, medical, rescue and hazardous material incidents as well as providing non-emergency services to the community.
- Possesses registered professional status at the EMT-P/Advanced Care Paramedic designation in the Province of Alberta. Candidates possessing a Primary Care Paramedic designation within the Province of Alberta may be considered for this position.
- Must possess a valid Alberta Driver's License with less than 5 demerits and no license suspensions in the last 2 years. (Class 4 with Q endorsement)
- Must be able to perform work related duties while wearing a Self Contained Breathing Apparatus.
- Must be able to perform work from heights in various situations as required.
- Ability to effectively use all personal protective devices and clothing supplied by the Department.
- Demonstrate proficient use of a computer and numerous software programs.(Microsoft Office, others).
- Must pass a criminal record check.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team environment
- Must be physically fit and have the ability to perform prolonged and arduous work under adverse conditions.
- May be required to work overtime when necessary and be able to immediately report to work beyond scheduled work days.
- Proven ability to perform work and meet objectives during stressful situations.
- Proven ability to modify approach and behaviour to effectively deal with specific situations, individuals or groups in various work environments.
- Possess a valid Alberta Driver's License (Class 1 or 3)
- Certificates or Diplomas in areas of study applicable to emergency services work
- Demonstrate progression towards and or completion of certification in directly related areas of service delivery. (NFPA 1001 Level II.)
- Demonstrate a continuous progression towards completion of certifications in directly related areas of service delivery. (NFPA 1002, NFPA 1072 (HAZMAT Operations), NFPA 1006 (Technical Rescuer Operations)
- Preference will be given to those with a minimum of 1 year on duty experience in emergency services with an emphasis on emergency response intervention programs that include fire suppression, rescue, EMS.
- Volunteer experience and community involvement.
Shortlisted Candidates: If you are shortlisted for this position; you will be contacted by Human Resources and booked for an Aptitude test and interview to be conducted between March 27 and March 31, 2023 in Red Deer. Successful applicants will be required to pass the University of Alberta physical testing prior to receiving a job offer. Dates of testing to be determined.
Please Note: More than one position will be filled from this posting.