Part time Firefighters – Grande Prairie – 2019
FireRecruitment.ca is Sponsored By
(Click image to view service.)
Our sponsors help pay for server costs, email services and help keep this a service free. If you find yourself needing this service, please help them help us. Thank you. – Steve
Would you like to become a sponsor? Contact us.
SPARK your career. IGNITE your future. Take the next step in your firefighting career and join the County of Grande Prairie Regional Fire Service!
The County of Grande Prairie Regional Fire Service is committed to recruiting talented and motivated individuals who possess a high level of integrity and have a desire to serve our community. We are looking for part time firefighters to become integral members of our team, who will play a key role in the delivery of fire services to the County of Grande Prairie No.1.
Not only do our part time firefighters work alongside our career firefighters on shift, part time firefighters may also respond independently to simultaneous calls for service. In our diverse service, part time firefighters respond to fires, rescues, medical aid, hazardous materials, and a host of other calls to aid the public. The County of Grande Prairie Regional Fire service responds to over 1200 events annually. Apart from daily shifts and emergency operations, our part time firefighters also contribute countless hours of volunteer time in support of community activities.
What We Offer:
- Your start to a rewarding career as a professional firefighter, working part-time with a great team.
- Additional benefits such as WCB coverage and life insurance coverage.
- Continued education, training and hands on experience.
What We Expect:
- Positive, team-oriented attitude
- Aptitude for physically demanding but rewarding work
- A minimum commitment of 48 hours (4x12 hour shifts) per month
- For new part-time recruits, (7 x 12 hour) days mandatory recruit training
Our part time firefighters are trained to internationally recognized standards. The requirement to operate independently means that our part time firefighters are well trained to perform their duties.
During training, the pay is $19.00 per hour. Once passing the recruit period and becoming part of the union, compensation for part time firefighters is $32.87 per hour plus 6% vacation pay and a $1.25 shift differential for every hour worked on a 12 hour night shift. Part time firefighters are also eligible for a pro-rated health and wellness benefit in accordance with our collective agreement.
Part time firefighters come from all walks of life from school teachers, to tradesmen, to paramedics. Some of our part time firefighters choose to take advantage of the skills and experience that they gain by pursuing a full-time career in the fire service. Being a part time firefighter is rewarding, exciting and fun.
Minimum requirements to apply as a Part Time Firefighter are:
- All recruits must be at least 18 years of age
- Have a current, Class 3 Alberta Driver's License with airbrake endorsement
- History of a safe driving record
- Possess a Grade 12 education
- Pass RCMP Criminal Record Check and Vulnerable Sector Check
- ICS 100
- NFPA 1001 Level 1 and 2 certification (IFSAC and/or ProBoard)
- NFPA 472 Awareness and Operation certification (IFSAC and/or ProBoard)
- Recognized Emergency Medical Responder (EMR), Medical First Responder or higher with valid Level C CPR
- Incident Command System 100 Certificate
- Pass a medical assessment with a County Regional Fire Service approved physician and undergo a psychological assessment with a County Regional Fire Service approved psychologist
It is the responsibility of each interested applicant to ensure that his or her application is received by the County of Grande Prairie Regional Fire Service before the application deadline of 8:30 a.m. on Wednesday August 21, 2019.
To learn more and to apply for this exciting opportunity, download the Part Time Firefighter Information Manual from our website at www.countygp.ab.ca/firerecruit and apply at www.countygp.ab.ca/jobopportunities
Make This Recruitment Your Last! Here Are The Tools You Need…
Learning Center *NEW*
I have teamed up with the best training providers to bring you great firefighter training & courses. These providers will provide valuable insight, great tools and pad your resume!MORE INFO…
If you don’t think your resume stands out above the crowd, this is the service for you. We will make your resume shine above those of your competitors. Don’t let your dream job slide through your fingers because of a cookie cutter resume.MORE INFO…
Mock Interview Service
If you don’t feel prepared for your interview, we are here to help. Don’t just “wing” an interview, the best thing you can do to improve your chances is to be prepared. We record, critique (twice) and save all mock interviews to ensure you are prepared come interview day.MORE INFO…
Firefighter Aptitude Test Preparation
I can’t repeat this enough. When it comes to landing your dream job, preparation is KEY! The best thing you can do to prepare is to constantly stay on top of your game and study frequently. Check this great service out and be ready for your next aptitude test.MORE INFO…