Firefighter / PCP – Yellowknife – 2021
Conducts emergency services at the task level, performs preventative maintenance on property, equipment and apparatus, learns and demonstrates a working knowledge of all rules, regulations and operating guidelines, develops an ability to follow orders, complete assignments as part of a team and participates in the delivery of public education and safety programs.
Duties and Responsibilities
Duties include: firefighting, emergency medical response/ambulance, participation in scheduled emergency service training, preventative maintenance on property, apparatus, and equipment, participation in fire inspection, public education and life safety programs.
- Qualified applicants must be at least 18 years of age and a Canadian citizen or permanent resident.
- You must have at least a High school diploma or equivalency
- Valid Class 3 driver's license with Airbrake endorsement with no current or pending suspension.
- Candidates must have successfully completed an International Fire Fighter Certification in accordance with National Fire Protection Association standards 1001 Level II (Fire Fighter) and have a
- current PCP license and registration from any Canadian jurisdiction.
- Completion of NFPA 1002, 1072 Hazmat, 1006 Rescue and 1051 Wildland qualifications are considered assets.
Please be advised that the City of Yellowknife requires all prospective employees to provide a criminal records check prior to employment. We thank all applicants who apply, but advise that only those to be interviewed will be contacted.