Firefighter/Paramedic – Kitimat – 2023
The District of Kitimat is recruiting for the position of Firefighter/Paramedic. This is a Regular, Full-Time position. The Kitimat Fire and Ambulance Department is the only dual service department in the Province, providing both fire fighting and paramedic services to the community.
- Secondary School Graduation
- Primary Care Paramedic standard or higher
- NFPA 1001 Standard for Fire Fighter Professional Qualification Level I & II
- BC Class 3 & 4 Driver's License with Air Brake Endorsement
- Ability to obtain Security Clearance and Police Information and Vulnerable Sector Check
- Work experience related to firefighting and/or pre-hospital care
- Post-secondary education
- IV endorsement
The Recruitment Weekend takes place over 4 consecutive days (just one trip to Kitimat) and includes the following:
- Physical Fitness (medical exam, fitness and agility test)
- Aptitude Test (mechanical and paramedic)
Wages are paid in accordance with the Collective Agreement and include wage parity to the City of Vancouver. Starting wage for this position is $31.58 and increases upon years of service to a maximum of $46.47. A Captains rate is $56.15.
At the District of Kitimat, we are committed to recruiting a diverse workforce that represents the community we serve, establishing an inclusive, equitable, and accessible environment for all. Indigenous applicants, people of colour, LGBT2Q+, and all genders are encouraged to apply.
Please submit a covering letter, resume and required documentation no later than February 17, 2023, by email to [email protected] or by mail to Human Resources Manager, District of Kitimat, 270 City Centre, Kitimat BC, V8C 2H7. For more information, please phone 250-632-8943.
Successful applicants will be invited to a Recruitment Weekend. All applicants are thanked for their interest, however, only those candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted.