Firefighter / Medic – St. Albert – 2020
With over 100 years of service to its credit, St. Albert Fire Services plays an integral role in shaping and serving our community. We are excited to be recruiting for 10 new permanent Firefighter/Medics to join our department in 2020.
A career with a fully integrated fire and emergency medical service is exciting, fulfilling, diverse and challenging. Operating from three stations, St. Albert Fire Services members are ready to respond to any emergency 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. The department's dedicated team of professionals saves lives and protects properties by responding quickly and effectively to suppress fires and provide medical and rescue attention in disaster and other emergency situations. We provide our members with ongoing professional development in firefighting, fire prevention, medical response, and search and rescue techniques. If you thrive on teamwork, want to help those in need, and have a desire to contribute to your community, consider applying today!
• Completion of High School Diploma or GED
• Currently registered with the Alberta College of Paramedics as an Advanced Care Paramedic (ACP) or a 2nd year Advanced Care Paramedic student (eligible to write the Advanced Care Paramedic Provincial Registration Examination no later than November 29, 2020)
• Hold a valid Alberta Class 4 driver’s licence and can provide a driver’s abstract demonstrating safe driving behaviour (six demerits or fewer).
• Have the ability to successfully obtain, and maintain, a vulnerable sector police information check
• Ability to pass medical standards, including eyesight and audible, as outlined in the NFPA standard
• A valid Alberta Class 3 driver’s licence and Air Brake (Q) endorsement are conditions of employment that must be obtained on or before the commencement date.
• Completion of NFPA 1001, Level I and II with appropriate IFSAC or Pro Board Seals
• Emergency medical/fire response work experience
• Current ITLS certification
• Current PALS certification
• Current ACLS Certification
• Other education/volunteering
Short-listed candidates will be invited to participate in our 2020 recruitment campaign which includes:
Phase 1: Firefighter Aptitude, Medical Knowledge/OSCE and Job Skills Assessments
Phase 2: Firefighter Physical Fitness Assessment conducted by the University of Alberta
Phase 3: Panel Interviews and Employment References
Phase 4: Pre-placement Medical Assessment
Phase 5: Offers of employment
Please visit the Firefighter/Medic Recruitment page of the City of St. Albert Careers website for up-to-date information about the process and timeline: https://access.stalbert.ca/cosa/careers/emergency-services/
St. Albert Fire Services is hosting two information sessions to share information with potential applicants about a career with the department and details of the upcoming recruitment process.
Dates: Wednesday, January 22, 2020 or Monday, February 3, 2020
Time: Both sessions will be held from 6:00 - 8:00 p.m.
Location: Fire Station 3, 100 Giroux Road, St. Albert
Make This Recruitment Your Last! Here Are The Tools You Need…
If you don’t think your resume stands out above the crowd, this is the service for you. We will make your resume shine above those of your competitors. Don’t let your dream job slide through your fingers because of a cookie cutter resume.MORE INFO…
Firefighter Aptitude Test Preparation
I can’t repeat this enough. When it comes to landing your dream job, preparation is KEY! The best thing you can do to prepare is to constantly stay on top of your game and study frequently. Check this great service out and be ready for your next aptitude test.MORE INFO…
This one-on-one personal career coaching will assist in a stronger approach during this journey. Serving recruit firefighter candidates across Canada, Ontario and the GTA; Firehouse Training specializes in firefighter and fire service coaching, consulting and career building.
Mock Interview Service
If you don’t feel prepared for your interview, we are here to help. Don’t just “wing” an interview, the best thing you can do to improve your chances is to be prepared. We record, critique (twice) and save all mock interviews to ensure you are prepared come interview day.MORE INFO…
I have teamed up with the best training providers to bring you great firefighter training & courses. These providers will provide valuable insight, great tools and pad your resume!MORE INFO…