Career Firefighter – Langley – 2022
Langley City, a community of 29,000 people positioned in a rapidly growing area, is widely known as an award winning city. Strategically located in Metro Vancouver, it has a vibrant community spirit and an inspiring vision of being “The Place To Be” now and in the future. Langley City has all the amenities of any urban centre in very close proximity: great shopping, 300 acres of parks, world-class educational institutions, and entertainment facilities. Easy access to the USA, the Pacific Ocean and the vast Coastal Mountain range makes Langley City an enviable place to live and work. The City has one of the most active industrial and service commercial land bases found in the Lower Mainland.
Langley City is recruiting for regular full-time positions of Firefighter; an opportunity to join a progressive and innovative fire department.
• Firefighter Application Form
• Class 3 or 1 full-privilege driver’s license with air brake endorsement Personal Driving Record/ Abstract (select the 5-year option if obtaining online) that has been obtained within 6 months of the closing date of this competition. To obtain a copy of your Personal Driving Record/Abstract, please contact ICBC directly or the driving authority where you reside. Photos of your driver’s license and/or a Driver Factor report will not be accepted
• No more than 6 points and no current suspensions or prohibitions from driving
• NFPA 1001 Level 2 Certification
• First Responder Level 3 with AED and Spinal Endorsements or Emergency Medical (EMR) Responder or Paramedic License (BLS or ALS)
When submitting your resume or your applications:
- We are only accepting resumes and applications digitally at: [email protected]
- We are only hiring for the Competitions listed below.
- Ensure the email subject line indicates the Competition number and Title of the job you are applying for.
- Ensure you submit copies of required certifications in order to be considered.
- If requested, ensure you submit a current Personal Driving Record (select the 5-year option if obtaining on line) in order to be considered.
- Only submit one application/resume per Competition.
- Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
- If you do not have a cover letter and resume you may print the following Employment Application for electronic submission (please do not submit both a resume and an application).
- Do not send links to SkyDrive or zip drives, for security reasons they will not be opened.