Firefighter – City of Langley – 2021
Langley City, a community of 27,000 people positioned in a rapidly growing area, is widely known as an award winning city. Strategically located in Metro Vancouver, it has a vibrant community spirit and an inspiring vision of being “The Place To Be” now and in the future. Langley City has all the amenities of any urban centre in very close proximity: great shopping, 300 acres of parks, world-class educational institutions, and entertainment facilities. Easy access to the USA, the Pacific Ocean and the vast Coastal Mountain range makes Langley City an enviable place to live and work. The City has one of the most active industrial and service commercial land bases found in the Lower Mainland.
Langley City is recruiting for 3 regular full-time positions of Firefighter; an opportunity to join a progressive and innovative fire department.
- Firefighter Application Form
- Class 3 or 1 full-privilege driver’s license with air break endorsement Personal Driving Record/ Abstract (select the 5 year option if obtaining online) that has been obtained within 6 months of the closing date of this competition. To obtain a copy of your Personal Driving Record/Abstract, please contact ICBC directly or the driving authority where you reside. Photos of your driver’s license and/or a Driver Factor report will not be accepted
- No more than 6 points and no current suspensions or prohibitions from driving
- Current and valid NFPA 1001 Level 2 Certification
- Current and valid NFPA 472 Hazmat Materials Operations Certification
- Current and valid First Responder Level 3 with AED and Spinal Endorsements or Emergency Medial (EMR) (OFA3) Responder or Occupational First Aid Level 3 or Paramedic License (BLS or ALS)
- Current and valid CPR Level HCP
Applications must be emailed to [email protected] with the subject line Firefighter Competition #21-17. All required documents outlined below must be in one attached document only. This one document must not exceed 20 MB and must be submitted in one of the following formats: Microsoft Word, Adobe PDF, JPG or TIFF (ZIP, EXE and compressed files will not be accepted). Applications that do not include every requested document, are submitted with more than one email attachment and/or don’t quote the competition number and position in the email subject line will not be considered.