Firefighter – Langley – 2019
FireRecruitment.ca is Sponsored By
(Click image to view service.)
Our sponsors help pay for server costs, email services and help keep this a service free. If you find yourself needing this service, please help them help us. Thank you. – Steve
Would you like to become a sponsor? Contact us.
Langley City, a community of 27,000 people positioned in a rapidly growing area, is widely known as an award winning city. Strategically located in Metro Vancouver, it has a vibrant community spirit and an inspiring vision of being “The Place To Be” now and in the future. Langley City has all the amenities of any urban centre in very close proximity: great shopping, 300 acres of parks, world-class educational institutions, and entertainment facilities. Easy access to the USA, the Pacific Ocean and the vast Coastal Mountain range makes Langley City an enviable place to live and work. The City has one of the most active industrial and service commercial land bases found in the Lower Mainland. Langley City has an attractive career position available for a Fire Fighter, an opportunity to join a progressive and innovative fire department.
Duties and Responsibilities
- As a member of the Department, responds to fire alarms, lays and connects hose, holds nozzle and directs water streams, raises and climbs ladders, uses chemical extinguishers, bars, hooks, lines and other equipment.
- Ventilates fires to release heat and smoke, places salvage covers to prevent water damage and prevents fire from rekindling.
- As assigned, drives and operates motor driven firefighting equipment.
- As assigned, receives and records telephone fire alarms and other emergency calls and assists in dispatching property apparatus and equipment.
- Performs various maintenance tasks on apparatus and equipment.
- When assigned to fire prevention work under direction of a superior, performs inspections and clerical duties as required.
- Performs related work as required.
- Grade 12 or equivalent
- Valid Class 3 Driver’s licence with Air Brake Endorsement
- Valid CPAT certificate
- NFPA 1001 Level 2, NFPA 472 Hazmat Operations
- First Responder Level 3 with AED and Spinal Endorsements
Make This Recruitment Your Last! Here Are The Tools You Need…
Learning Center *NEW*
I have teamed up with the best training providers to bring you great firefighter training & courses. These providers will provide valuable insight, great tools and pad your resume!MORE INFO…
If you don’t think your resume stands out above the crowd, this is the service for you. We will make your resume shine above those of your competitors. Don’t let your dream job slide through your fingers because of a cookie cutter resume.MORE INFO…
Mock Interview Service
If you don’t feel prepared for your interview, we are here to help. Don’t just “wing” an interview, the best thing you can do to improve your chances is to be prepared. We record, critique (twice) and save all mock interviews to ensure you are prepared come interview day.MORE INFO…
TestReadyPro Aptitude Testing Service
I can’t repeat this enough. When it comes to landing your dream job, preparation is KEY! The best thing you can do to prepare is to constantly stay on top of your game and study frequently. Check this great service out and be ready for your next aptitude test.MORE INFO…