Firefighter – Kamloops – 2018
FireRecruitment.ca is Sponsored By
(Click image to view service.)
Our sponsors help pay for server costs, email services and help keep this a service free. If you find yourself needing this service, please help them help us. Thank you. – Steve
Would you like to become a sponsor? Contact us.
This position is entry level, and work is performed under the direction of a Captain and/or Lieutenant in charge of the hall. This position entails firefighting, rescue, first aid, fire prevention, maintenance of all fire and rescue equipment and facilities, and responding to other emergent situations. Additionally, a Firefighter participates in all related training activities on a continuous basis.
Duties and Responsibilities
2. Assists in the cleaning and maintenance of hall, equipment, and quarters.
3. Participates in all related training activities.
4. Participates in fire safety inspections and fire prevention activities.
5. Participates in Fire Rescue Services public education and public relations activities.
6. Performs related work as required.
1. Canadian Citizen or legal entitlement to work in Canada.
2. Completion of Senior Secondary School and one (1) or more of the following:
i) 3 years Post Secondary work experience; or
ii) Completion of 2nd year Trades Apprenticeship; or
iii) Completion of 30 Post Secondary Credits; or
iv) Completion of two (2) full seasons as a Provincial Wildfire Firefighter; or
v) Completion of two (2) years of Military service.
3. Valid BC Driver's Licence - Class 3 or 1 with air brake endorsement. Note: a driving record that demonstrates responsible and safe driving behaviour is required. A record with more than six points within the last three years will eliminate an applicant from further consideration.
4. Successful completion of an approved Firefighter Training Program, NFPA 1001 resulting in Firefighter Level 2 Certificate (with IFSAC or PROBOARD accreditation). (Have a look at our learning center for training in your area.)
5. Valid certification of one (1) of the following at time of application and maintained throughout the process: (Have a look at our learning center for training in your area.)
i) WorkSafe BC Occupational First Aid Level III Certificate; or
ii) Emergency Medical Assistant; or
iii) First Responder Level III; or
iv) Primary Care Paramedic.
6. Valid Candidate Physical Ability Test (CPAT).
7. Far visual acuity. Far visual acuity shall be at least 20/30 binocular corrected with contact lenses or spectacles. Far visual acuity uncorrected shall be at least 20/100 binocular for wearers of hard contacts or spectacles as per NFPA 1582. Successful long-term soft contact lens wearers shall not be subject to the uncorrected criterion.
8. Peripheral vision. Visual field performance without correction shall be 140 degrees in the horizontal meridian in each eye as per NFPA 1582.
9. Normal unaided hearing as per NFPA 1582.
1. Work experience related to the job duties of a Firefighter.
(Example: building construction; mechanical experience; driving large or emergency vehicles; fire service including forest firefighting, first aid, nursing, paramedical experience, teaching, or instructional experience.)
2. Successful completion of a post-secondary education program (academic, technical, or trades).
3. Completion of fire services related courses (auto extrication, surface water rescue, swift water rescue, high angle/rope rescue, confined space, hazardous material, aircraft fire crash rescue, incident command, critical incident stress).
4. Volunteer experience in the emergency services field (volunteer firefighting, coast guard, search and rescue).
5. Demonstrated community involvement.
6. Pleasure Craft Operator Card.
7. A demonstrated commitment to a lifestyle of fitness.
For new hires, and for those working in designated positions of trust, including those working directly with vulnerable persons, no formal offer of employment will be made until an applicant completes and passes a criminal record check.
Make This Recruitment Your Last! Here Are The Tools You Need…
Learning Center *NEW*
I have teamed up with the best training providers to bring you great firefighter training & courses. These providers will provide valuable insight, great tools and pad your resume!MORE INFO…
If you don’t think your resume stands out above the crowd, this is the service for you. We will make your resume shine above those of your competitors. Don’t let your dream job slide through your fingers because of a cookie cutter resume.MORE INFO…
Mock Interview Service
If you don’t feel prepared for your interview, we are here to help. Don’t just “wing” an interview, the best thing you can do to improve your chances is to be prepared. We record, critique (twice) and save all mock interviews to ensure you are prepared come interview day.MORE INFO…
TestReadyPro Aptitude Testing Service
I can’t repeat this enough. When it comes to landing your dream job, preparation is KEY! The best thing you can do to prepare is to constantly stay on top of your game and study frequently. Check this great service out and be ready for your next aptitude test.MORE INFO…