Firefighter – Burnaby – 2022
The goal of the City of Burnaby and its employees is to consistently deliver first class service and services to our community. With this in mind, we hire people who share the same passion, those with the drive and determination to grow with and contribute to our already exceptional team. People like you!
The Burnaby Fire Department is committed to providing the highest level of fire-related emergency services to protect the life and property of the citizens of Burnaby. In addition to attending emergency calls and extinguishing fires, Burnaby Firefighters are actively involved in public education and fire prevention in order to raise awareness about fire safety. We are now accepting applications from interested applicants wanting to join our team of dedicated professionals who are involved in making a positive difference in the lives of the people we serve.
• Canadian Citizenship or Landed Immigrant status
• Minimum High School graduation or equivalent
• Valid BC Class 3 Driver’s Licence (for automatic vehicles) without restrictions, with air brake endorsement
• NFPA 1001
• No more than 6 points on your safe driving record in the last 3 years at the time of your application
• No convictions of a relevant criminal offense for which a pardon has not be granted
• Minimum 2 years of work experience
• Current/valid First Responder Licence (formerly FR3) or higher preferred
• Pleasure Craft Operator Card (PCOC) is considered an asset (Get yours here)
In addition to these attributes, we are looking for individuals who demonstrate integrity and honesty, reliability and motivation; who are continuously willing to learn and improve and who demonstrate a deep sense of commitment and responsibility to serving the public while working in a team environment.
• Interviews: January 30 – February 10
• 2-day Orientation: Group 1: March 11 & March 12, Group 2: March 18 & March 19
• Physical Abilities Test: Walk-through March 25, Test: March 26
• Ride-Along: April 3 – April 26
• Fire Chief interviews: May 8 – May 12
• Recruit class start date: Anticipated for September 5, 2023
Please ensure your resume is updated before applying. At the time of application, you will have a series of supplementary questions to answer which will be used in assessing your candidature. We will not be able to make any changes on your behalf once you have applied. We kindly request you review the Burnaby Fire Department careers website prior to contacting People and Culture due to high call volume.