Firefighter – Burnaby – 2021
The Burnaby Fire Department is committed to providing the highest level of fire-related emergency services to protect the life and property of the citizens of Burnaby. In addition to attending emergency calls and extinguishing fires, Burnaby Firefighters are actively involved in public education and fire prevention in order to raise awareness about fire safety. We are now accepting applications from interested applicants wanting to join our team of dedicated professionals who are involved in making a positive difference in the lives of the people we serve.
- Canadian Citizenship or Landed Immigrant status
- Minimum High School graduation or equivalent
- Valid BC Class 3 Driver’s Licence (for automatic vehicles) without restrictions, with air brake endorsement
- NFPA 1001
- No more than 6 points on your safe driving record in the last 3 years at the time of your application
- No convictions of a relevant criminal offense for which a pardon has not be granted
- Current/valid EMA, First Responder Licence (formerly FR3) or higher
- Minimum 2 years of work experience
- Pleasure Craft Operator Card (PCOC) is considered an asset
In addition to these attributes, we are looking for individuals who demonstrate integrity and honesty, reliability and motivation; who are continuously willing to learn and improve and who demonstrate a deep sense of commitment and responsibility to serving the public while working in a team environment.
- Interviews: July 12 – 23
- 2-day Orientation: Group 1: September 18 & 25, Group 2: September 19 & 26, Group 3: September 20 & 27
- Physical Abilities Test: Walk-through October 2, Test: October 3
- Ride-Along: October 8 - November 7
- Fire Chief interviews: November 22 – 26
- Recruit class start date: January 10, 2022
Please ensure your resume is updated before applying. At the time of application, you will have a series of supplementary questions to answer which will be used in assessing your candidature. We will not be able to make any changes on your behalf once you have applied. We kindly request you review the Burnaby Fire Department careers website prior to contacting Human Resources due to high call volume.