Firefighter – Burnaby – 2020
The Burnaby Fire Department is committed to providing the highest level of fire-related emergency services to protect the life and property of the citizens of Burnaby. In addition to attending emergency calls and extinguishing fires, Burnaby Firefighters are actively involved in public education and fire prevention in order to raise awareness about fire safety. We are now accepting applications from interested applicants wanting to join our team of dedicated professionals who are involved in making a positive difference in the lives of the people we serve.
- Canadian Citizenship or Landed Immigrant status
- Minimum High School graduation or equivalent
- Valid BC Class 3 Driver’s License (for automatic vehicles) without restrictions, with airbrake endorsement
- NFPA 1001
- No more than 6 points on your safe driving record in the last 3 years at the time of your application
- No convictions of a relevant criminal offense for which a pardon has not be granted
- Current/valid EMA, EMR– First Responder License (formerly FR3) or higher
- Minimum 2 years of work experience
- Pleasure Craft Operator Card (PCOC) is considered an asset.
In addition to these attributes, we are looking for individuals who demonstrate integrity and honesty, reliability and motivation; who are continuously willing to learn and improve and who demonstrate a deep sense of commitment and responsibility to serving the public while working in a team environment.
- Interviews: September 21 to October 2
- 2-day Orientation: Group 1: November 7 and 14 Group 2: November 8 and 15
- Physical Abilities Test: Walk-through November 28 Test: November 29
- Ride-along: January 2 - 31
- Fire Chief interviews: February 8 - 10
- Recruit class start date: March 22, 2021