Firefighter – Brantford – 2019
FireRecruitment.ca is Sponsored By
(Click image to view service.)
Our sponsors help pay for server costs, email services and help keep this a service free. If you find yourself needing this service, please help them help us. Thank you. – Steve
Would you like to become a sponsor? Contact us.
Brantford Fire Department Firefighters are an elite group of proud, highly trained and respected professionals dedicated to protecting the lives and property of our community. Under the direction of a Firefighting Captain, you will be a team player responsible for combating fires, rescue operations and providing medical assistance in an emergency environment. You will conduct routine maintenance of firefighting vehicles, facilities and equipment. You focus on community service while performing fire safety, education and inspections of properties and equipment for fire hazards. Perform other duties as assigned.
- Be 18 years of age or older;
- Be legally entitled to work in Canada;
- Provide proof of completion of Grade 12 (OSSD or Transcript or GED accepted) (please attach proof of Grade 12 with application)
- Provide proof of NFPA 1001 Fire Fighter I and II certifications from an accredited program from a recognized institution, accredited by the International Fire Services Accreditation Congress (IFSAC) or Pro Board (must be complete with seals) OR a post-secondary diploma in a Pre-Service Firefighter Education Training program.
- Provide proof of a current Emergency First Responder including a valid "basic rescuer" CPR certificate (Level C); (must be valid until December 31, 2019).
- Provide proof of a valid Class D Driver's License with a Z endorsement;
- Provide a clean drivers' abstract (dated within 30 days) to the Corporation at the time of a conditional job offer
- Possess superior interpersonal skills and the ability to work co-operatively as a member of an effective and professional team
- Have a strong desire to serve the community
- Possess the ability and willingness to follow instructions promptly and efficiently and have a strong work ethic.
- Must be able to work in a highly structured work environment and follow rules, regulations and procedures. Have the ability to acquire a general knowledge of hazardous materials, poisonous substances, arson detection, life safety systems and other job related subjects and be familiar with the procedures associated with these subjects.
- Must have the ability to make decisions and react calmly and quickly in emergency situations. Must possess the ability to swim, work within confined spaces and high places. Must be able to work rotating shifts including weekends and nights.
- University degree in any discipline (copy to be included with resume)
- Community College Diploma in any discipline (copy to be included with resume)
- EMCA Designation (copy to be included with resume)
- Trade Certification in any discipline recognized by the Ontario College of Trades (copy to be included with resume)
- Technical Rescue Training, (copy to be included with resume)
- Previous experience in fire suppression, please specify if the experience is Full-time, Part-time
- Previous experience with fire prevention, law enforcement, construction, trades mechanical, emergency medical, large vehicle operation, fire prevention (please define if experience is full-time/part-time/seasonal)
- Community Service involvement (Define role and commitment level e.g., yearly, monthly, weekly)
A Criminal Record Check/Vulnerable Sector Check is required, at the candidate's expense, to be submitted at the time of conditional job offer.
Candidates must be able to obtain a valid York University Fitness certificate and Swim Test upon receiving a conditional offer of employment at your own expense.
Employment offers will only be made if the results of the candidate's Criminal Record Check/Vulnerable Sector Check performed in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, are satisfactory.
All expenses associated with the recruitment process are the responsibility of the candidate.
Qualified candidates must complete the online job application form and must upload a resume, cover letter and copies of all required qualifications and credentials as one (1) pdf file with the maximum size of 10 MB.
Make This Recruitment Your Last! Here Are The Tools You Need…
Learning Center *NEW*
I have teamed up with the best training providers to bring you great firefighter training & courses. These providers will provide valuable insight, great tools and pad your resume!MORE INFO…
If you don’t think your resume stands out above the crowd, this is the service for you. We will make your resume shine above those of your competitors. Don’t let your dream job slide through your fingers because of a cookie cutter resume.MORE INFO…
Mock Interview Service
If you don’t feel prepared for your interview, we are here to help. Don’t just “wing” an interview, the best thing you can do to improve your chances is to be prepared. We record, critique (twice) and save all mock interviews to ensure you are prepared come interview day.MORE INFO…
Firefighter Aptitude Test Preparation
I can’t repeat this enough. When it comes to landing your dream job, preparation is KEY! The best thing you can do to prepare is to constantly stay on top of your game and study frequently. Check this great service out and be ready for your next aptitude test.MORE INFO…