Tips from a Firefighter – Survey Results (Part 1)
So for those who have been around for the past year or so will remember that I conducted a survey asking full time firefighters and above the following questions:
- What is your role in the fire department?
- What personality traits do you like in a probationary firefighter?
- What type of background do you prefer from new recruits?
- If you had to start all over, what is one thing you would do to better prepare for a career as a firefighter?
- In 1 sentence or less, what piece of advice would you give a new recruit?
We had a total of 39 full time firefighters and above answer the survey! (Thank you)
Here is the survey breakdown:
I've been wanting to post this for awhile now but kept putting it off and at one point completely forgot about it but here it is, finally!
So what I would like to do is every week for the next 4 weeks is post 10 survey answers. Since this week is the first week and we don't have exactly 40 answers, I will post the first 9 answers. On the 5th week, I will be posting a wrap up with all the statistics and takeaways of this survey.
So let's get right to it! Here are the first 9 survey answers! Enjoy!
That's it for this week! Next week I will be posting the next 10 answers. Take care and best of luck with your journey to becoming a firefighter.
UPDATE: We have posted part 2, you can view it here.