Volunteer Firefighter – Niagara Falls – 2022
The City of Niagara Falls is now accepting applications for the position of Volunteer Firefighter. The deadline to apply is Thursday, September 1, 2022 at 4:30 p.m.
HERE ARE SOME OF THE MANDATORY QUALIFICATIONS:
• Must reside within the area of volunteer response
• Be at least 18 years of age
• Be legally entitled to work in Canada
• Possess a High School Diploma or equivalent
• Possess a valid Ontario Class “G” Driver’s Licence and have an acceptable driving record
• Not have any criminal convictions for which a pardon has not been granted
Complete and submit the Application Form (PDF), along with the required documentation, by 4:30 p.m. on September 1, 2022.
INFORMATION SESSION (AUGUST 15TH):
Interested candidates are strongly encouraged to attend the Fire Department’s Information Session being held August 15, 2022 from 7:00pm – 8:30pm at Station 6 (8037 Schisler Road).
Registration is required to attend the session; email Voluntee[email protected] by Thursday, August 11th to secure a seat.
In the meantime, check out the NRFAC's Volunteer Firefighter Recruitment Film on YouTube at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UaObS07sX-U. This short video, created by Captivate Cinema for the Niagara Regional Fire Chiefs Association, features actual Volunteer Firefighters (including those from Niagara Falls) re-enacting real scenarios across the various municipalities throughout the Region.
Contact 905-356-7521 ext. 4317 or 4279 or email [email protected]