Probationary Firefighter – Halton Hills – 2019
The Halton Hills Fire Department is accepting applications for the position of Full Time Firefighter (5th Class). This position, in addition to emergency response, is responsible to assist with fire prevention, public education, training, as well as operational and support duties as assigned.
Following the Department policies and objective guidelines, the firefighter will exercise due diligence while executing assigned tasks under the supervision of a Captain or other supervisory staff. This position has a one (1) year probationary period.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responds to emergency
- Assists in performing fire code
- Maintains fire apparatus and station equipment in sound working
- Assists with the coordination and delivery of staff training and development
- Assists with the coordination and delivery of public fire and life safety education
- Assists with fire cause determination
- Maintains and enhances professional knowledge, skills and
- Performs records management relative to assigned
- Assists with duties as assigned i.e. station cleaning, yard and building maintenance, snow removal,
- Ontario Secondary School Diploma or academic
- Be at least 18 years of age;
- Be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Possession and maintenance of a valid unrestricted Ontario Driver’s License, minimum class DZ. Applicants with more than six demerit points are ineligible for
- Must possess current First Aid and CPR certifications, minimum Level
- Must pass all six (6) components, of the Screening tests, in one day, as according to the standards set by Firefighter Services of Ontario scheduled for May 4 and May 11, 2019.
- Must complete Human Relations Testing administered at the Halton Hills Fire
- Demonstrated desire and ability to advance professional knowledge, skills and
- Have successfully completed ONE of the following:
- Pre-service Firefighter education and training program certificate; or
- NFPA 1001-Firefighter I and II certified, education and training program from an accredited institution; or,
- Experience as a volunteer or full-time municipal Firefighter in a municipal fire department.
- Must successfully complete the one (1) year Full-Time Firefighter probationary
- Must be able to work various shift schedules as required and be assigned to any fire station, as
- Must successfully pass the Firefighter medical assessment (including Vision and Hearing Test) at time of hire (as coordinated by the Halton Hills Fire Department).