Probationary Firefighter – Cornwall – 2023
The City of Cornwall is a progressive community of 47,000, situated on the banks of the St. Lawrence River in Eastern Ontario. Rich in history and natural beauty, Cornwall offers historic sites, popular campsites, beaches and world-class amenities as well as small town charm and hospitality. Cornwall is Ontario’s easternmost city, just over 400 kilometres east of Toronto, 100 kilometres southeast of Ottawa and 120 kilometres southwest of Montreal. Cornwall boasts a modern economy led by forward thinkers who have made the city an excellent place for a career and raising a family. For more information, visit www.cornwall.ca.
The City of Cornwall will be accepting applications to create an eligibility list for Probationary Firefighters within the Cornwall Fire Services.
A Cornwall Fire Services Firefighter is responsible for performing a multitude of emergency incident operations such as fire suppression, search and rescue, ice and water rescue and salvage / overhaul. All these functions are performed so that lives are protected, and property and environmental impact is minimized. These activities are conducted under the direct supervision of Cornwall Fire Services company officers in accordance with established policies, guidelines, and procedures. Firefighters also perform tasks that help keep us ready to respond. Some of these tasks include equipment and apparatus maintenance and station duties.
To be eligible, candidates must submit:
1. ❑ Current resume
2. ❑ Proof of formal education (certificate/diploma/degree/transcript)
3. ❑ Current Basic First Aid with CPR & AED certificate*
4. ❑ Driver’s Abstract (3 year uncertified) with less than four (4) demerit points
(current, within 1 month of submission date of application)
5. ❑ Pleasure Craft Operators Card
6. ❑ Ontario Class D driver’s license with Z endorsement (or higher class at time of offer)
7. ❑ Possess a National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) 1001 Firefighter I & II certification with IFSAC seal
8. ❑ Proof of COVID 19 vaccinations (minimum 2)
Each stage of the recruitment process is outlined in the Probationary Firefighter Eligibility List Recruitment booklet.