Firefighter Reserve List – Sault Ste. Marie
Sault Ste. Marie Fire Services is comprised of 4 divisions including: Fire Suppression, Fire Prevention and Public Education, Support Services, and Community Emergency Management. Resources are deployed from strategically located Response Centres to provide the community with optimum response times.
The Sault Ste. Marie Fire Service is a proud partner within our community that provides exceptional service through prevention education, protection and wellness. Our Core Values are Public Safety, Firefighter Safety, Customer Service, Integrity and Honesty.
We are currently seeking highly talented individuals who have a keen interest in serving the public to become part of our Firefighter - Reserve List for potential future Firefighter opportunities.
- Secondary School Diploma; or equivalent
- Completion of NFPA 1001 Firefighter Level I and II, IFSAC or PRO-Board, including NFPA 1072 (previous 472) Hazardous Materials Awareness & Operations; or in progress with completion prior to October 1, 2022
- If applicable - OFMEM Grandfathering Letter stating that the requirements for NFPA 1001, Level I & Level II based on experience or knowledge have been met.
- Valid Ontario Class ‘DZ’ License, unrestricted
- Current Drivers Abstract
- Valid First Aid and CPR certification, minimum Level C
Candidates will undergo a series of selection criteria, including, but not limited to:
- Medical (Vision and Hearing) Assessment
- Candidate Physical Ability Test
- Acrophobia Test
- Clinical Assessment
- Tread Water Test
- Aptitude Exam
- Emotional Stability and Resiliency Assessment