Firefighter – Port Moody – 2023
If you are looking for a challenging and rewarding career in firefighting, you might be a good fit for Port Moody
Fire Rescue. We are a team of skilled professionals who can handle any kind of emergency. We offer training
and development opportunities to help you learn the latest techniques and procedures in firefighting, rescue,
and medical emergencies. We also value diversity and customer service, so being able to communicate in
other languages is a plus. Join us today and become part of Port Moody Fire Rescue.
At PMFR we are looking for candidates who could / have:
• work under pressure and in stressful situations
• communicate effectively and work as a team
• follow instructions and protocols
• learn new techniques and use equipment
• adapt to different scenarios and environments
• do shift work which will require you to work a considerable number of weekends, statutory holidays and
be away from home for extended periods.
• Engage and support the community.
• Mechanical aptitude
• 19 years of age or older on the date of application.
• Legally entitled to work in Canada (you must be a Canadian Citizen or Permanent
• Grade 12 completion or equivalent.
• Driving record with 6 or fewer points
• Have been granted a pardon or record suspension for any criminal event.
• Valid Class 3 or Class 1 Driver's License with air brake endorsement or equivalent for
vehicles with more than two axles (automatic transmission is accepted) and a safe driving
• A valid BC EMA Licensing Board First Responder License or higher level of EMA License
(EMR, PCP, ACP).
• IFSAC or Pro Board Accredited NFPA 1001 - Fire Fighting Practices Level I and II Program
• Physically and psychologically suitable for the position of firefighter.
• Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a team environment.
These additional skills and experiences will enhance your application but do not replace the minimum qualifications:
• 30 post-secondary credits or one year minimum in a trade apprenticeship program
• Higher first aid levels such as, EMR, PCP, ACP License, nurse
• Completion of other fire service-related courses or programs
• Pleasure Craft Operator Card
• Previous experience in emergency services: structural firefighting, forest fire service,
police, coast guard, EMS, military, park ranger, corrections, health care, lifeguarding, or search and rescue.
• Active member in the community as a volunteer.
• Heavy equipment operator
• Any construction related trade.
• Experience in team-oriented activities or organizations.
• Coaching, teaching, or instructional experience.
• Knowledge and ability to work effectively with computers and computer programs.
• Ability to speak a second language.