Firefighter – Lloydminster – 2021
Lloydminster Fire Department has 51 skilled front-line service members trained to meet industries standards. The Lloydminster Fire Department operates as a composite fire department with a mixture of full time and paid, on-call firefighters. The department has a full-time fire station operating 24-7, ready to provide emergency and non-emergency services.
Emergency service responses include:
- motor vehicle collisions
- rescue services
Proudly serving the City of Lloydminster since 1930.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Respond to emergency incidents.
- Under direction of a supervisor, perform various tasks during an emergency response, including but not limited to fire suppression, hazardous material incidents, various rescues and extrications, as well as medical aid.
- Drive and operate emergency equipment.
- Attend regular and specialized training sessions.
- Perform routine maintenance of firefighting equipment and fire department property ensuring operational readiness.
- Perform general station duties including upkeep of fire station, cleaning of bay floor, general quarters, apparatus and equipment, washing, hanging and drying of hose, washing, cleaning of apparatus and equipment.
- Prepare and complete administrative reporting and inspection documents as assigned.
- Ensure operational guidelines and department procedures are followed.
- Other related duties as required.
- Must be at least 18 years of age and have successfully completed a High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Certification in NFPA 1001 Standard for Fire Fighter Professional Qualifications.
- Certification in Medical First Responder.
- Must be able to communicate clearly and precisely under stressful situations and be able to work under arduous physical conditions as part of an active firefighter and rescue team.
- Must possess agility, strength, and physical stamina to perform arduous and prolonged work under adverse and strenuous conditions.
- Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality, trustworthiness, and integrity.
- Must possess good verbal and written communication skills.
- Client focused with an ability to work effectively within a team.
- Be in good health, physical and mental condition.
- Ability to demonstrate mechanical aptitude.
- Ability to exercise good judgement within an emotionally challenging environment.
- Completion of Post-Secondary Fire Services and/or medical education is considered an asset.
- Possess strong interpersonal communications skills, deal with the public in a controlled, polite, respective manner.
- Possession of a Class 3 Driver’s License with Air Endorsements.
- This position is contingent upon receiving a satisfactory criminal record check.
- Must be able to pass a medical examination, physical capacity assessment and possibly aptitude testing.