Firefighter – Fredericton – 2019
Are employed as full time Firefighters to the permanent establishment of the Fredericton Fire Department suppression unit.
Employees shall work a forty-two (42) hour week, on a four (4) Platoon system, with 24 hours on duty, followed by 72 hours off duty.
Compensation package will be in accordance with the Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Duties and Responsibilities
Duties include providing protection against fires, controlling and extinguishing fires, protecting lives and property, and maintaining related equipment. The incumbent is responsible for hazardous material control, emergency medical assistance, and assistance at accident scenes.
- Graduation from a recognized Fire Training Institution. Career firefighters with equivalent certifications (IFSAC and PROBOARD FF Level 1 & 2) may be given consideration. The incumbent must meet departmental medical and physical standards and obtain security clearance.
- A Class III Drivers License with air endorsement is required prior to employment.
- The incumbent must possess the ability to work effectively under pressure and follow verbal and written instructions.
- To meet the physical and mental demands associated with firefighting.
- To work under various arduous conditions as part of an active firefighting and rescue team.
- Years of volunteer firefighter service, First Responders, First Aid and CPR Certification are considered assets.
- Ability to communicate in both official languages considered an asset.
Applicants must be prepared to potentially make multiple trips to Fredericton over a short time period. The associated transportation costs and written test fee ($200) will be the responsibility of the applicant.
The recruitment process includes:
- Written aptitude testing (Gledhill-Shaw OS and CPS)
- Physical testing
- Panel interview
- Suitability interview
Does your resume contain the proper keywords for this recruitment? Have us make you a keyword rich resume & put your mind at ease!