Firefighter – Clairmont (AB) – 2024
The County of Grande Prairie Regional Fire Service is committed to recruiting talented and motivated individuals who possess a high level of integrity and have a desire to serve our community.
We are looking for Full-Time Permanent Firefighters to become integral members of our team, who will play a key role in the delivery of fire services to the County of Grande Prairie No.1.
The CGPRFS will be preparing a list of candidates through this process to fill one vacant Fulltime Firefighter position. Once the position is filled, a hiring eligibility list from this process will remain in effect for a period of up to 1 year. Other FTE positions if available and or new contracted positions will be filled from this list while it remains in effect.
Fulltime Firefighters are emergency responders whose primary responsibility is the operational readiness and fire services/emergency response activities at his/her assigned fire station.
What We Offer:
- A culture of 'People First'
- A comprehensive benefits plan including a LAPP Pension
- A Health and Wellness Benefit
- Additional benefits such as WCB coverage and life insurance coverage.
- Continued opportunities for education, training, and growth.
What We Expect:
- The ability to deliver exceptional service as a professional member of the service.
- The ability to work as part of a team or independently.
- Aptitude for physically demanding but rewarding work.
- The ability to respond for call-backs as able.
- The ability to work with diverse supervision.
- The ability to adapt to ever changing situations and problem solve.
- NFPA 1001 level 1 and 2 IFSAC and/or ProBoard Certified
- NFPA 472/1072 Dangerous Goods Operations Level IFSAC and/or ProBoard Certified
- Class 3 operator's license with air brakes,
- NFPA 1002 Driver/Operator, Chapter 4.
- Valid Emergency Medical Responder (EMR), Medical First Responder (MFR), Advanced First Aid (AFA), or higher with valid Level C CPR. (EMR, AFA, and MFR must be a minimum of an 80-hour program)
- Incident Command System 100 Certificate
- History of a safe driving record
- Possess a Grade 12 education.
- Pass RCMP Criminal Record Check and Vulnerable Sector Check
- Pass a medical assessment with a County Regional Fire Service approved physician and undergo a psychological assessment with a County Regional Fire Service approved psychologist.
- Rope Rescue Operations Low Angle/Slope - (Certified by a recognized provider)
- Ice Rescue Technician (Certified by a recognized provider)
- NFPA 472/1072 Chapter 7 - Hazardous Materials Technician Certified - (IFSAC or ProBoard)
- NFPA 1002 Chapter 5 Pump IFSAC / ProBoard
- NFPA 1002 Aerial IFSAC / ProBoard
- NFPA 1051 Wildland IFSAC / ProBoard
- ICS 200
- Application/Qualification Review Pass Fail
- Zoom Interview
- Written Firefighter Knowledge Test
- Ergometrics Team Testing Exam
- Physical Demands Test
- Panel Interview
- Station Assessment
- Medical and Psychological Assessments
Be sure to attach all certifications, vulnerable sector criminal records check, including a current driver's abstract. Please upload your resume and cover letter while applying.
As per our collective agreement, shift differential is paid to Firefighters on regularly scheduled hours worked between 17:00 and 07:00.