Firefighter – Brampton – 2020
Are you interested in helping to build a safe community? If so, City of Brampton Fire and Emergency Services may be the right place for you….
Bring your talents and step into a firefighter career where serving our diverse community and the opportunities to make a difference is endless. Our Brampton Fire and Emergency Services team is driven by exceptional service delivery and our behaviours and decisions are guided by our core values of courage, trust, compassion and integrity. As a valued member of our team you will feel the pride of values-driven achievements and experience life-long supportive relationships. Be part of a fast-paced and rewarding environment where you can bring your best work forward in helping to build a safe community, improving Emergency Response, Public Safety and Public Education and inspire results for the citizens of Brampton.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Serve as a highly valued and respected member of the community;
- Feel the excitement that comes with serving the community. Every shift has a different challenge or situation requiring a diverse set of skills;
- Ensure extraordinary experiences for everyone we serve and make amazing things happen for our community;
- Perform duties related to public education;
- Respond to all emergencies when called upon;
- Combating fires;
- Performing rescue operations and providing medical assistance in an emergency environment;
- Handle routine maintenance of firefighting equipment/ department property;
- Public fire safety education and inspect properties and equipment for fire hazards;
- Handle state of the art apparatus and modern equipment;
- Have the ability to help your community and network as an ambassador at charity and community events;
- Participate in continuous learning to advance your knowledge and skills;
- Be part of a culture that values the personal and professional growth and development; and
- Perform other similar and related duties as assigned.
- Ontario Secondary School Diploma or academic equivalent;
- NFPA 1001 - Fire Fighter I & II Certified (Proof of Pro Board Seal or IFSAC);
- Completion of the Ontario Fire Administration-Candidate Testing Program Stages One, Two and Three www.ofai.ca OR the ability to attain certification within 18 months from the date a conditional offer of employment is extended;
- Valid and current First Aid and CPR Certificate;
- Valid Ontario Driver’s Licence with ability to obtain DZ licence from the date a conditional offer of employment is extended;
- Experience in customer service and/or public service roles an asset;
- Volunteer experience in community roles (including firefighting) an asset;
- Multiple language skills and experience with different cultures an asset.