Firefighter – Abbotsford – 2023
At the City of Abbotsford our people are our greatest asset. We offer a wide range of diverse, stimulating and rewarding career opportunities that support and recognize high levels of performance. In Abbotsford, we work strongly to create a challenging and rewarding environment for our employees to thrive. We invite you to become part of a place that has strong corporate and organizational values, rewarding career paths, challenging opportunities and an engaging and dynamic team to work with.
Be part of the story. Join our team today.
To be considered for this opportunity, you must possess:
- Grade 12 Diploma or equivalent.
- NFPA 1001 Level 2 with Hazmat Operations
- Current First Responder Level 3 license or greater inclusive of Spinal Endorsement and AED. (EMR or PCP Licensing)
- Valid Class 3 B.C. Driver’s Licence with Airbrake endorsement.
- A Commitment to volunteerism, community involvement, personal and professional development.
- Superior interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent public relations, team building and organization skills.
The City of Abbotsford offers a competitive salary and benefits package.
Posting closes November 26, 2023.
The City of Abbotsford Fire Rescue Service appreciates all applications; however, only short-listed candidates will be contacted via email to proceed to the next stage.
AFRS Career Firefighter Hiring Process (2023-2024)
The recruitment process for the Abbotsford Fire Rescue Service has been broken down into eight (8) different stages.
- Stage 1 - Application and Pre-Screening- (Nov 1 - Nov 26)
- Stage 2 - Written Exam (Dec 9 or 16)
- Stage 3 - Occupational Skills Assessment Day -1 (Jan 6)
- Run, Swim, Skill Stations.
- Stage 4 – Occupational Skills Assessment Day-2 (Jan 13)
- Interview, presentation, Skill Stations
- Stage 5 - Reference Checks, Police Information Check & Vulnerable Sector Search
- Stage 6 - Fire Chief Interview (Jan 29 - Feb 2)
- Stage 7 - Conditional Offer
- Stage 8 - Pre-Employment Medical Evaluation, CPAT
All dates are tentative and may be slightly adjusted throughout the process.
Estimated Start Date is Spring 2024.