Volunteer Fire Fighter – Cobourg – 2019
FireRecruitment.ca is Sponsored By
(Click image to view service.)
Our sponsors help pay for server costs, email services and help keep this a service free. If you find yourself needing this service, please help them help us. Thank you. – Steve
Would you like to become a sponsor? Contact us.
The successful applicant(s) will work under the supervision of senior officers to:
- Combat fires, perform rescue work, administer first aid, respond to hazardous materials incidents and operate and maintain firefighting apparatus and equipment.
- Maintain a readiness for, and respond to emergency situations of varying origins and magnitude in order to provide assistance in the saving and preservation of lives, property and the protection of the environment.
- Further the prevention and/or reduction of fire-related incidents by increasing citizens’ awareness and knowledge of fire prevention and fire safety.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Possess a minimum Grade 12 or equivalent, as approved by the Ontario Ministry of Education
- Possess and be willing to produce upon selection a valid Ontario driver’s license with a favorable driving abstract
- As a condition of employment, obtain a Class “D” License with a “Z” endorsement within three (3) years of the successful candidate’s date of hire
- Understand and be able to communicate clearly in English both orally and written, under various situations including under stressful conditions
- Be able to provide both a favorable Criminal Record Check and a favorable Vulnerable Sector Check upon selection and as a condition of employment
- Be available to respond to emergency situations, as required on call basis
- Complete and sign a waiver authorizing the Cobourg Fire Department to collect personal information
- Attend training sessions to obtain acceptable levels of ability in areas such as First Aid, C.P.R., rescue work and firefighting technology
- Be physically capable of working effectively and extensively under arduous physical conditions as part of an active firefighting rescue team
- Be legally entitled to work in Canada
Interested applicants must submit their resume and application in confidence via email to [email protected] with “Volunteer Fire Fighter” listed as the subject line in the email no later than 4:00 p.m. on Tuesday, October 15th, 2019 to the attention of Human Resources.
In accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection Privacy Act, the information gathered is collected pursuant to the Municipal Act, 2001, as amended. The Town of Cobourg, including the Cobourg Fire Department, is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes. If contacted for an employment opportunity, please advise Human Resources if you require accommodation.
We thank all those individual who apply; however, only those applicants granted an interview will be acknowledged.
Make This Recruitment Your Last! Here Are The Tools You Need…
Learning Center *NEW*
I have teamed up with the best training providers to bring you great firefighter training & courses. These providers will provide valuable insight, great tools and pad your resume!MORE INFO…
If you don’t think your resume stands out above the crowd, this is the service for you. We will make your resume shine above those of your competitors. Don’t let your dream job slide through your fingers because of a cookie cutter resume.MORE INFO…
Mock Interview Service
If you don’t feel prepared for your interview, we are here to help. Don’t just “wing” an interview, the best thing you can do to improve your chances is to be prepared. We record, critique (twice) and save all mock interviews to ensure you are prepared come interview day.MORE INFO…
Firefighter Aptitude Test Preparation
I can’t repeat this enough. When it comes to landing your dream job, preparation is KEY! The best thing you can do to prepare is to constantly stay on top of your game and study frequently. Check this great service out and be ready for your next aptitude test.MORE INFO…