Training Officer – Burlington – 2019
Reporting to the Training Supervisor, the Training Officer implements a mix of training, education, and experience programs for the Burlington Fire Department's career staff and volunteers.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Developing training programs including organization, coordination, implementation and delivery.
- Managing the training environment
- Evaluating training programs, assessing performance of learners, and recommending continuous improvement to the training program.
- Incorporating technology into the training environment
- Researching and evaluating Fire Department policies, operating guidelines, techniques and equipment.
- Organizing and/or conducting career development activities for fire department personnel
- Performing administrative duties, and public relations
- Demonstrating commitment to personal and professional development.
- NFPA 1041 Fire Service Instructor Level I
- NFPA 1041 Fire Service Instructor Level II
- NFPA 1021 Fire Officer Level I
- NFPA 1021 Fire Officer Level II
- NFPA 1001 FireFighter Level I
- NFPA 1001 Firefighter Level II
In addition the successful incumbent will have computer literacy and technical experience in at least one specialty operation such as rope rescue (high and low angle) ice/water rescue, and/or hazardous materials response. This position requires the incumbent to work independently, and to complete projects within specified time frames.