Training Officer – Burlington – 2019
FireRecruitment.ca is Sponsored By
(Click image to view service.)
Our sponsors help pay for server costs, email services and help keep this a service free. If you find yourself needing this service, please help them help us. Thank you. – Steve
Would you like to become a sponsor? Contact us.
Reporting to the Training Supervisor, the Training Officer implements a mix of training, education, and experience programs for the Burlington Fire Department's career staff and volunteers.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Developing training programs including organization, coordination, implementation and delivery.
- Managing the training environment
- Evaluating training programs, assessing performance of learners, and recommending continuous improvement to the training program.
- Incorporating technology into the training environment
- Researching and evaluating Fire Department policies, operating guidelines, techniques and equipment.
- Organizing and/or conducting career development activities for fire department personnel
- Performing administrative duties, and public relations
- Demonstrating commitment to personal and professional development.
- NFPA 1041 Fire Service Instructor Level I
- NFPA 1041 Fire Service Instructor Level II
- NFPA 1021 Fire Officer Level I
- NFPA 1021 Fire Officer Level II
- NFPA 1001 FireFighter Level I
- NFPA 1001 Firefighter Level II
In addition the successful incumbent will have computer literacy and technical experience in at least one specialty operation such as rope rescue (high and low angle) ice/water rescue, and/or hazardous materials response. This position requires the incumbent to work independently, and to complete projects within specified time frames.
Make This Recruitment Your Last! Here Are The Tools You Need…
Learning Center *NEW*
I have teamed up with the best training providers to bring you great firefighter training & courses. These providers will provide valuable insight, great tools and pad your resume!MORE INFO…
If you don’t think your resume stands out above the crowd, this is the service for you. We will make your resume shine above those of your competitors. Don’t let your dream job slide through your fingers because of a cookie cutter resume.MORE INFO…
Mock Interview Service
If you don’t feel prepared for your interview, we are here to help. Don’t just “wing” an interview, the best thing you can do to improve your chances is to be prepared. We record, critique (twice) and save all mock interviews to ensure you are prepared come interview day.MORE INFO…
Firefighter Aptitude Test Preparation
I can’t repeat this enough. When it comes to landing your dream job, preparation is KEY! The best thing you can do to prepare is to constantly stay on top of your game and study frequently. Check this great service out and be ready for your next aptitude test.MORE INFO…