Recruit Firefighter – Prince Albert – 2020
Prince Albert Fire Department (PAFD) is now accepting applications for the 2020 Firefighter Recruitment Competition.
The 2020 PAFD Firefighter Recruitment Competition is for the purpose of establishing an eligibility list which will be utilized when employment opportunities become available.
We invite all applicants to review the Recruitment Handbook attached to this posting, and ask that each applicant ensures to upload all applicable required documents for review by the Recruitment Panel.
The application process closes on 18 September 2020.
Candidates are expected to have the following certificates / qualifications prior to hiring:
• NFPA 1001 Level II IFSAC / ProBoard Accreditation
• EMR (Emergency Medical Responder)
• Current CPR Level HCP
• Class 3A Driver's License
• Driver's License "G" endorsement will be required within 60 days of hire.
If selected, candidates will be expected to complete the following:
• Written Exam
• Physical Assessment
• Swim Test
• Personal Interviews
Candidates must attach the following scanned documents with their online application:
• Completed resume
• Grade 12 or equivalent certificate
• NFPA 1001 Level II IFSAC / ProBoard certificate
• Valid Driver’s License and copy of recent driver's abstract.
• Valid CPR (HCP) certificate
• EMR certificate
• Completed "Eye Examination Form" confirming uncorrected 20/40 vision. Corrective surgery is acceptable following a one (1) year waiting period following surgery prior to application. (Form available in the Recruitment Handbook)
• Completed ‘Medical Clearance Form’ (Form available in the Recruitment Handbook)