Probationary Firefighter – Medicine Hat – 2021
Now Hiring – Probationary Firefighter
The City of Medicine Hat Fire & Emergency Service is searching for highly motivated, adaptable and communicative team players. Our ideal fire fighter will value integrity and demonstrate pride in being consistent, responsive, reliable and accountable in the utilization of his or her unique skill sets.
Duties and Responsibilities
Reporting to a Platoon Officer, the Fire Fighter is responsible for fire suppression, rescue, medical and hazardous materials response, property inspection, as well as public education and prevention duties in Medicine Hat and surrounding region.
The successful candidate(s) will possess the mental and physical abilities in accordance with the accepted industry standards for Fire Fighters and must demonstrate an aptitude for a career in fire, rescue and emergency services.
• Grade 12 Diploma or equivalency
• National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) 1001 Fire Fighter Level I and II certified with IFSAC/ProBoard seals
• NFPA 472/1072 Hazardous Materials Awareness and Operations certified with IFSAC/ProBoard seals
• Current Standard First Aid, CPR Level C with AED
• A valid Alberta Class 3 License with air brake endorsement* with a satisfactory (7 demerits or less) current driver's abstract
*NOTE: Out of province applicants must provide valid equivalency for Alberta Class 3 Q (air) with their application.
This position has been identified as Safety Sensitive and requires the completion of a satisfactory pre-employment drug screen.
Preference will be given to those applicants who have additional related experience, training, and education.
Our organization offers a highly attractive total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefits, learning & development opportunities as well as a great work environment which provides excellent opportunities for professional growth.
The City of Medicine Hat strives to achieve its vision to be a “Community of Choice”; a place where people choose to live, work and play.
The Medicine Hat advantage:
• Extensive Year-Round Recreational Facilities
• Low Housing Costs & Utility Rates & Taxes
• Flourishing Cultural Community
• Family Oriented Community
This posting will remain open until Friday, October 29, 2021.
We thank all applicants; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.