FireFighter – Swift Current – 2023
The City of Swift Current is seeking one qualified individual for a full-time Fire Fighter position with the Swift Current Fire Department.
Located on the Trans-Canada Highway, Swift Current is a progressive City of 18,000 people serving as the hub of South West Saskatchewan. The Swift Current Fire Department is a dynamic, forward thinking department, providing Fire Suppression, Rescue Services (water, technical rope, and vehicle extrication), Dangerous Goods Response and Emergency Medical assistance to the community. We are most proud of our efforts in fire prevention. Fire Fighters provide comprehensive fire inspections, and innovative public education initiatives within our community.
• Grade 12 or GED equivalency;
• A medical note clearing you for physical testing;
• Firefighter Level II – NFPA 1001, IFSAC or ProBoard Certified;
• Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation “C” Certificate;
• Primary Care Paramedic; (currently licensed) and
• Valid Saskatchewan Class 5 Driver’s License or equivalent from another province.
• Other emergency certifications will be an asset.
In addition to the above, candidates must successfully complete the following or provide satisfactory evidence of completion within the preceding 6 months:
• RCMP Security Clearance / Criminal Record check/ Vulnerable Sector; and
• Drivers Abstract
The City offers an attractive benefits package and pension plan.
For additional information about the City of Swift Current Fire Department, please visit our website at www.swiftcurrent.ca.
For questions regarding the position, please contact Jim Green via email at [email protected].
Applicants must submit a cover letter, resume, and verification of education and training requirements no later than midnight on Friday, October 20, 2023 to:
City of Swift Current Fax: (306) 778-2194
P.O. Box 340 Email: [email protected]
Swift Current, SK