FireFighter – Swift Current – 2018
The City of Swift Current is seeking a qualified individual for a full-time Fire Fighter’s position with the Swift Current Fire Department.
Located on the Trans-Canada Highway, Swift Current is a progressive City of 16,000 people serving as the hub of South West Saskatchewan. The Swift Current Fire Department is a dynamic, forward thinking department, providing Fire Suppression, Rescue Services (water, technical rope, and vehicle extrication), Dangerous Goods Response and Emergency Medical assistance to the community. We are most proud of our efforts in fire prevention. Fire Fighters provide comprehensive fire inspections, and innovative public education initiatives within our community.
- Grade 12 or GED equivalency;
- Firefighter Level II – NFPA 1001, IFSAC or ProBoard Certified;
- Hazardous Materials Awareness and Operations – NFPA 472 IFSAC or ProBoard Certified;
- Fire Service Instructor Level I – NFPA 1041, IFSAC or Proboard Certified;
- Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation “C” Certificate;
- Primary Care Paramedic; and
- Valid Saskatchewan Driver’s License – Class 3 with Air Brake Endorsement/ or equivalent from another Province.
In addition to the above, candidates must successfully complete the following or provide satisfactory evidence of completion within the preceding 6 months:
- R.C.M.P. Security Clearance / Criminal Record Check; and
- Drivers Abstract.