Firefighter – Swift Current – 2018
The City of Swift Current is seeking a qualified individual for a full-time Fire Fighter’s position with the Swift Current Fire Department.
Located on the Trans-Canada Highway, Swift Current is a progressive City of 16,000 people serving as the hub of South West Saskatchewan. The Swift Current Fire Department is a dynamic, forward thinking department, providing Fire Suppression, Rescue Services (water, technical rope, and vehicle extrication), Dangerous Goods Response and Emergency Medical assistance to the community. We are most proud of our efforts in fire prevention. Fire Fighters provide comprehensive fire inspections, and innovative public education initiatives within our community.
- Grade 12 or GED equivalency;
- A medical note clearing you for physical testing;
- Firefighter Level II – NFPA 1001, IFSAC or ProBoard Certified;
- Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation “C” Certificate;
- Primary Care Paramedic; and
- Valid Saskatchewan Class 5 Driver’s License or equivalent from another Province.
- Hazardous Materials Awareness and Operations – NFPA 472 IFSAC or ProBoard Certified; and
- Other emergency certifications will be an asset.In addition to the above, candidates must successfully complete the following or provide satisfactory evidence of completion within the preceding 6 months:
- R.C.M.P. security clearance/Criminal Record check; and
- Drivers Abstract.
Applicants must submit a cover letter, resume, and verification of education and training requirements no later than 4:30 p.m. on Friday, November 23, 2018 to the City of Swift Current, Human Resources Department, P.O. Box 340, Swift Current, SK, S9H 3W1. Fax: 306-778-2194, Email: [email protected]