Firefighter Paramedic – Wood Buffalo – 2022
The Regional Municipality of Wood Buffalo is looking to fill multiple Firefighter/Paramedic positions. These are exciting and challenging career opportunities for Firefighter/Paramedics. The Regional Emergency Services (RES) Department is a fully integrated Fire/EMS service that provides advanced life support including helicopter life flight, fire and rescue services within our region. These positions are within the IAFF Local 2494 Union.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Safely respond to emergency and non-emergency scenes within established RES guidelines.
- Take direction from operations officers in matters pertaining to fire and medical response.
- Take direction from officers where required in matters pertaining to training and prevention.
- Perform routine duties related to shift operations in areas such as apparatus/equipment maintenance, reports, station maintenance, etc.
- Work collaboratively within a team environment.
- Assist the department in public education, the promotion of fire safety, fire prevention and public relations.
- Attend training courses as necessary to facilitate progression to First Class Firefighter.
- Perform basic administrative functions.
- Perform such tasks as necessary to support and maintain continuity of the Regional Fire Service.
- Understand and support the Corporate Mission, Vision and Value statements.
- Performs other duties as required.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
- NFPA 1001 Level I and II is required.
- Current Alberta College of Paramedics Primary Care Paramedic (PCP) or Advanced Care Paramedic (ACP) Licence is required.
- Valid Basic Cardiac Life Support (CPR) certification.
- Valid Class Four (4) Alberta driver’s licence with “Q” Endorsement is required.
- Valid Class Three (3) Alberta driver’s licence (with “Q” endorsement) or equivalent out of province is an asset.
- Criminal Record with Vulnerable Sector Check is required for review and acceptance.
The RMWB will accept Firefighter physical fitness testing results from the University of Alberta (U of A), provided they have been completed within the last six (6) months. Tests must be booked directly through the U of A. Applicants will be asked to register directly on the U of A website if they are invited to participate in the recruitment and will need to inform the U of A to send physical fitness testing results directly to the RMWB.