Firefighter – Paramedic – Wood Buffalo – 2021
The Regional Municipality of Wood Buffalo is looking to fill multiple Firefighter/Paramedic positions. These are exciting and challenging career opportunities for Firefighter/Paramedics. The Regional Emergency Services (RES) Department is a fully integrated Fire/EMS service that provides advanced life support including helicopter life flight, fire and rescue services within our region. These positions are within the IAFF Local 2494 Union.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Safely respond and work at emergency and non-emergency scenes, within the established RES guidelines.
- Take direction from operations officers in matters pertaining to fire and medical.
- Take direction from officers where required in matters pertaining to training and prevention.
- Perform routine duties related to shift operations in areas such as apparatus/equipment maintenance, reports, station maintenance, etc.
- Work collaboratively within a team environment.
- Assist the department in public education, the promotion of fire safety, fire prevention and public relations.
- Attend training courses as necessary to facilitate progression to First Class Firefighter.
- Perform basic administrative functions.
- Perform such tasks as necessary to support and maintain continuity of the Regional Fire Service.
- Understand and support the Corporate Mission, Vision and Value statements.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
- NFPA 1001 Level I and II is required.
- Current Alberta College of Paramedics Primary Care Paramedic (PCP) or Advanced Care Paramedic (ACP) Licence is required.
- Valid Basic Cardiac Life Support (CPR) certification.
- Valid Class Four (4) Alberta driver's licence with “Q” Endorsement is required.
- Valid Class Three (3) Alberta driver’s licence (with "Q" endorsement) or equivalent out of province is an asset.
- Criminal Record with Vulnerable Sector Check is required for review and acceptance.