FireFighter/Paramedic – Thompson – 2021
The City of Thompson’s Fire and Emergency Services Department is seeking those unique individuals with a passion for both firefighting and paramedicine. Our department provides EMS and fire protection to Manitoba’s fourth largest City. The City of Thompson offers a competitive salary and extensive benefits package. Join our team for a challenging and rewarding career in emergency services, with the ability to make a difference.
• Firefighter Level 2 (NFPA 1001).
• Licensure with the Province, MB Health as PCP at the time of application or ability to achieve licensing prior to start date.
• Valid Class IV MB driver’s license with air brake endorsement.
• Proven ability to make decisions, initiate appropriate action and perform safely and effectively in stressful, demanding and hazardous situations and ability to deal and communicate effectively with the general public.
• Good interpersonal and communication skills and a commitment to a team oriented approach.
• Excellent physical health, mentally able to fulfill the Fire/Medics duties. Applicants must be able to pass a medical examination, including vision meeting department standards.
Preference will be given to those applicants who, in addition to the foregoing, hold: field experience in EMS and firefighting, current ACLS, NRP, BTLS and proven EMS skill progression and performance; NFPA 1031, NFPA 472, NFPA 1006, and NFPA 1035.
Short-listed candidates will be invited to attend an in-person Recruitment Process, including interview, written test and physical testing, scheduled for November 15 – 20th, 2021 in Thompson. Proof of Vaccination is required.
Please send detailed resumes outlining experience, education, qualifications and references to:
City of Thompson
226 Mystery Lake Road Thompson, Manitoba R8N 1S6
FAX: (204) 677-7981
E-Mail: [email protected]