Firefighter / Paramedic – Riverview,NB – 2019
FireRecruitment.ca is Sponsored By
(Click image to view service.)
Our sponsors help pay for server costs, email services and help keep this a service free. If you find yourself needing this service, please help them help us. Thank you. – Steve
Would you like to become a sponsor? Contact us.
Riverview Fire & Rescue is currently recruiting for one (1) full time permanent positions of Firefighter/Paramedic to begin March 2020.
As a member of a team of career and volunteer firefighters, this position is required to protect the lives and property of the Town’s residents by conducting prevention services, providing fire safety education, combating and extinguishing fires and working in other emergency situations under a variety of conditions frequently involving considerable hazards.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Successful completion of International Fire Service Accreditation (IFSAC), Proboard NFPA Firefighter Level II program or Texas Training Division if graduated prior to March 13, 2019
- Successful completion of Canadian Medical Association Primary Care Paramedic (PCP-1) Program and the candidate must be able to meet and maintain certification with the NB Paramedic Association.
- Minimum of two (2) years of operational firefighting experience required.
- Additional fire, rescue and/or emergency medical certifications considered an asset.
- Currently reside in the Town of Riverview, or will reside in the Town of Riverview within six (6) months of hire.
- Valid New Brunswick driver’s license, Class 5E.
- Criminal record check and Driver’s Abstract, meeting Town standards.
This position is full-time permanent and is represented by IAFF Local 2549 with a starting wage of $23.21 per hour with annual increases. This position works a 24-hour shift. The total compensation package starts with health and dental insurance, defined benefit pension, group life insurance and sponsored training and development.
Applicants will be subjected to physical agility and medical suitability testing. Costs associated with both the testing and background checks are the responsibility of the applicant. Candidates will also be subject to job-specific assessments.
Your resume and detailed cover letter must clearly indicate if you meet the above-mentioned job requirements.
Make This Recruitment Your Last! Here Are The Tools You Need…
Learning Center *NEW*
I have teamed up with the best training providers to bring you great firefighter training & courses. These providers will provide valuable insight, great tools and pad your resume!MORE INFO…
If you don’t think your resume stands out above the crowd, this is the service for you. We will make your resume shine above those of your competitors. Don’t let your dream job slide through your fingers because of a cookie cutter resume.MORE INFO…
Mock Interview Service
If you don’t feel prepared for your interview, we are here to help. Don’t just “wing” an interview, the best thing you can do to improve your chances is to be prepared. We record, critique (twice) and save all mock interviews to ensure you are prepared come interview day.MORE INFO…
Firefighter Aptitude Test Preparation
I can’t repeat this enough. When it comes to landing your dream job, preparation is KEY! The best thing you can do to prepare is to constantly stay on top of your game and study frequently. Check this great service out and be ready for your next aptitude test.MORE INFO…