Firefighter / Paramedic – Riverview,NB – 2019
Riverview Fire & Rescue is currently recruiting for one (1) full time permanent positions of Firefighter/Paramedic to begin March 2020.
As a member of a team of career and volunteer firefighters, this position is required to protect the lives and property of the Town’s residents by conducting prevention services, providing fire safety education, combating and extinguishing fires and working in other emergency situations under a variety of conditions frequently involving considerable hazards.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Successful completion of International Fire Service Accreditation (IFSAC), Proboard NFPA Firefighter Level II program or Texas Training Division if graduated prior to March 13, 2019
- Successful completion of Canadian Medical Association Primary Care Paramedic (PCP-1) Program and the candidate must be able to meet and maintain certification with the NB Paramedic Association.
- Minimum of two (2) years of operational firefighting experience required.
- Additional fire, rescue and/or emergency medical certifications considered an asset.
- Currently reside in the Town of Riverview, or will reside in the Town of Riverview within six (6) months of hire.
- Valid New Brunswick driver’s license, Class 5E.
- Criminal record check and Driver’s Abstract, meeting Town standards.
This position is full-time permanent and is represented by IAFF Local 2549 with a starting wage of $23.21 per hour with annual increases. This position works a 24-hour shift. The total compensation package starts with health and dental insurance, defined benefit pension, group life insurance and sponsored training and development.
Applicants will be subjected to physical agility and medical suitability testing. Costs associated with both the testing and background checks are the responsibility of the applicant. Candidates will also be subject to job-specific assessments.
Your resume and detailed cover letter must clearly indicate if you meet the above-mentioned job requirements.